Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Will Get Relegated From The Championship?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
alot of teams clambering over each other down there

plenty more twists and turns to come

I think Barnsley,Peterboro & Wolves will all escape

here's my three

22 Blackpool
23 Huddersfield
24 Bristol City

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hopefully Wednesday, Birmingham and Wolves.

More than likely though it will be Peterborough, Bristol City and Barnsley

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
here's my three

22 Blackpool
23 Huddersfield
24 Bristol City

That is a properly massive shout. I think Bristol City, Peterborough and Wolves will go.

Blackpool AND Wolves to go would be hilarious in a way and would say a lot for stability of management in my opinion. Huddersfield are in a lot of trouble though, they just can't defend. Personally, I thought Alex Smithies looked class and he could be a decent understudy and longer term replacement for Kuszczak. He'd be relatively cheap if they went down.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Peterborough
Huddersfield
Bristol City

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It probably will be Peterborough, Bristol City and Barnsley.

But I think Wolves have got big, big problems, and wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see one of those three put even a half-decent run together and dump them in it.

It is a real lesson, what has happened at Molineux. They have a lot of players on big money, long-term contracts designed for the Premier League with very small if any pay cuts on relegation.

Their squad is too big, all those people are getting frustrated on the sidelines leading to a terrible team spirit. But no one wants to buy them because a) they're shit, and b) their wages are too high.

A lot of the players think they're better than they are. And according to the fans the players aren't trying - which could be the clincher.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wolves
Huddersfield
Peterborough
I agree with this. Wolves are in dire straights for the reasons [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION] states, plus Dean Saunders is a shit manager. Huddersfield always seem to f*** it up when they are bottom of the Championship and I don't see that they've got the bottle for a fight. To be honest I haven't forgiven them for capitulating and letting both Pompey AND Palace escape the drop in 2002/3. Peterborough will make a fist of it, but I can't see anything other than honourable failure, sadly.

I would actually prefer Wolves, Sheff Wed and Birmingham to go down.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
They seem to have hit a bit of form recently (hopefully ended tonight), but on my viewing evidence, I'd have to say Bristol City will go down. I saw them play at home to Ipswich a month or so ago and they were absolutely dire, proper League One football.

Funnily enough they actually managed to win, due to the fact that Ipswich were even worse.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Heart says - Wolves, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed.

Head says - Barnsley, Peterborough, Wolves.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It probably will be Peterborough, Bristol City and Barnsley.

But I think Wolves have got big, big problems, and wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see one of those three put even a half-decent run together and dump them in it.

It is a real lesson, what has happened at Molineux. They have a lot of players on big money, long-term contracts designed for the Premier League with very small if any pay cuts on relegation.

Their squad is too big, all those people are getting frustrated on the sidelines leading to a terrible team spirit. But no one wants to buy them because a) they're shit, and b) their wages are too high.

A lot of the players think they're better than they are. And according to the fans the players aren't trying - which could be the clincher.

the clincher for Wolves according to my friends who support them is Dean Saunders.
Abysmal manager. Got them as my banker to sink without trace along with Brizzle and Posh although Barnsley and Huddersfield will probably do their best to create a lifeline for at least one of them.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The last few years anyone with 50 was safe, last year 41 would have kept you up.

This year I think even 50 points might be relegated so I'd say the bottom 10 (up to and including Charlton) are still in trouble

My three are

Wolves - seem in complete chaos, how Saunders can go there and announce they're aiming for the play offs says much about the bloke and the attitude within the club
Huddersfield - in (relative) free fall, shipping goals like a sieve even with a decent keeper. Injuries have hampered them but the rot seems to have set in
Wednesday - I don't think they will get relegated but I despise their fans and twat of a Manager so much that I haven't given up hope. As bad a team as I've seen play at the Amex; they are better suited to L2 football where no doubt they could proudly consider themselves MASSIVE

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Wednesday - I don't think they will get relegated but I despise their fans and twat of a Manager so much that I haven't given up hope. As bad a team as I've seen play at the Amex; they are better suited to L2 football where no doubt they could proudly consider themselves MASSIVE
That is pretty much the reason I want Peterborough to go down.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Brizzle, Wolves, and The Wendy's*

red_shirt_pointing_down-4.jpg

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
the clincher for Wolves according to my friends who support them is Dean Saunders.
Abysmal manager. Got them as my banker to sink without trace along with Brizzle and Posh although Barnsley and Huddersfield will probably do their best to create a lifeline for at least one of them.

Wolves under Saunders:

Played 9 Won 0 Drawn 5 Lost 4

So, that is 5 points out of a possible 27, or 0.55 points a game. They are going down, no doubt.

For me Peterborough just are not good enough, though they will fight hard.
The other team will be Huddersfield or Barnsley. Bristol City will escape, just, SOD is a good manager and their players are used to a relegation battle after the last few seasons.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Peterborough are a strange team - can be very good on their day (who could have seen them being 3-0 up at Blackburn at half-time on Sat?) but still beset by problems with their leaky defence. Can't help think they will miss Boyd as well (very odd decision to let him go 'on loan' at this stage in the season).

Wolves look doomed. I just don't think Saunders has the nous to keep them up.

O'Driscoll is a good manager, but I think Bristol City haven't got the quality to survive. Between them and Barnsley for the other slot I reckon - Flitcroft has done an amazing job since going there, but again are they good enough?

Mark Robbins did well at Coventry and I think he'll keep Udders up. I'd love Birmingham to go down - awful team, awful manager - but they'll probably do just enough.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
predictor.jpg

Peterborough, Brizzle, Barnsley

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
22 Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:
23 Wolves
24 Peterborough