Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace v Hull

Who would you rather won in this game

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm in a quandry. I can't decide which result I want from this fixture. To be clear, all season I've been stating the mantra "it's too early to be hoping Palace do anything other than lose". But after this game, there are only ten games left, so we are coming to the point where that is no longer the case.

It's a bit of a win/win (or lose/lose) scenario if you ask me.

A Hull win means that we we could be within touching distance of the Plastic Nigel Army by the end of the day, presuming of course that we get something at Bristol
A draw means a point goes begging from our combined promotion rivals
A Palace win (especially coupled with an Albion win tonight) means we really could be just six points off an automatic place with a game in hand. (More likely to be 8 points as Watford will surely beat Sheff Wed at home)

So where do you stand? I guess it depends whether you believe we have a chance of 2nd (Nigel win please), or whether you'd bite off their hands if offered a top 6 spot right now (Hull win please), or whether you really can't make your mind up at this stage (draw please).

Poll to follow.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Current standings...

1 Cardiff 34 20 70
2 Hull 35 12 65
3 Watford 35 25 63
4 Crystal Palace 35 19 61
5 Leicester 34 27 57
6 Brighton 34 15 55
7 Middlesbrough 35 1 54
8 Nottm Forest 35 4 51
9 Leeds United 34 -4 49
10 Bolton 35 4 48
11 Burnley 35 0 47

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I love matches like this because whatever way you look at it, whatever the result, points above will be dropped and it'll all be good for us ( if we manage to beat Bristol City ).

For comedy value, and BBS meltdown - not to mention a respite from some of the more deluded amongst the away 'talent' on here - a loss up the road would of course be added value.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Voted draw but the more I think about it I'm thinking Hull win. Can't see we've more than an outside chance of a play off place and I'd want to avoid both of Hull and Watford in the "semis" and we'd likely get one of those if we finish 6th. So I think we need to be setting sights on a 5th or better finish and Palarse losing tonight will be a big bonus

Note: Lamie will no doubt mention overhauling Leics which is looking increasingly possible but then there are still teams behind snapping at our heels

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Hull to win. If we lose/draw and Palace lose then not too much damage done. If Palace win then a big gap opens above us. Automatic promotion is probably out of reach, so the more damage to our play-off rivals the better.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hull

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hull to beat the plastics please.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Draw for me. A point dropped to play off rivals is surely a good thing, and I haven't quite given up on an automatic spot.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
A draw all day long, keeps it nice and tight between 2nd and 7th, and we keep the good run going, automatic promotion is still not quite out of reach yet :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here