Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laurie Cunningham

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Thursday night at 2230, a documentary about the late, great Laurie Cunningham who achieved so much but could have gone on to even greater things. Will always have a place in Albion fans hearts as a brilliant part of the England U21 side who played at the Goldstone when Peter Ward scored a hat trick.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
WBA had a great side then with Cunningham, Regis & Batson 3 black players in one team in the 70s was a first , I think they were nicknamed the 3 degrees
The ironic thing is Ron Atkinson was the manager who assembled the side together and years later got the sack by Itv for making a rascist comment :shrug:

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
WBA had a great side then with Cunningham, Regis & Batson 3 black players in one team in the 70s was a first , I think they were nicknamed the 3 degrees
The ironic thing is Ron Atkinson was the manager who assembled the side together and years later got the sack by Itv for making a rascist comment :shrug:

That WBA team was great to watch. I remember them beating Utd 5 - 3 at Old Trafford in the 70's.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

West Brom's Len Cantello's testimonial was a white players vs black players match....! What a concept....

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Thursday night at 2230, a documentary about the late, great Laurie Cunningham who achieved so much but could have gone on to even greater things. Will always have a place in Albion fans hearts as a brilliant part of the England U21 side who played at the Goldstone when Peter Ward scored a hat trick.

Would really love to watch this would anybody be able to upload it?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
That WBA team was great to watch. I remember them beating Utd 5 - 3 at Old Trafford in the 70's.

That was a brilliant match. West Brom looked like they were going to win the title that year.

I can still remember the monkey chants aimed at the three black players - silenced by some amazing football.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

All true there, Tone. :thumbsup:

I saw that side play loads of times when I was a youngster (my Auntie & Uncle were both WBA diehards & took my sister & I along with them). They were a brilliant side at that time, & continued to be so when the great Johnny Giles took over as player-manager - after BFR went to Old Trafford & took a few of the big names with him.

*Attempts to stop completely disappearing down Memory Lane*

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
West Brom's Len Cantello's testimonial was a white players vs black players match....! What a concept....

WTF, wouldnt happen now. was Ron Atkinson still the manager of the white team?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i hadnt heard of him until very recently, but a great programme, was very flair, even got a FA Cup winners medal with the crazy gang, such a sad ending though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here