Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Zamora and/or Ward have got into this side?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is this actually a serious question , I can only assume it is a wind up ?They both would. This side has not actually achieved anything yet.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes.

Imagine 3 of our 4 squad strikers being Ward, Zamora and Ulloa.

We would just need to sign another for a great quartet.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Ward and Zamora would make Brighton a top half premiership side pushing for Europe with Lawrenson pushing out El-Abd and Horton replacing Hammond.

Richard Tiltman on the bench?.................. In Hove Park

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Ward and Zamora would make Brighton a top half premiership side pushing for Europe with Lawrenson pushing out El-Abd and Horton replacing Hammond.

Richard Tiltman on the bench?.................. In Hove Park
What's wrong with the Titman? I cannot think of a better player who has graced the stripes of the mighty Albion

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I'm mildly embarassed for you

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak
Bruno El-Abd Upson Bridge
Bridcutt Hammond
Dave Vicente Orlandi
Zamora​

Oh my word. :drool:

It's a YES from me!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not convinced that hypothetically dropping Ulloa for Zamora would make us a better team to be honest. Although that depends on whether Ulloa is the real deal, and whether Bobby is past his best.

Bobby was BORN in his prime. And he has remained there ever since. His hunger for goalscoring has been a bit dorment recently because he's redefined himself as the workhorse type striker, rather than the deadly and lethal predator he was in our colours. And will be again. He would be the final piece in the jigsaw. On the odd occasion Gus wanted to destory a team, just for the giggles, he'd play a proper 4-4-2 with CMS right up alongside him and then we'd be in for some fun. Buckley right, LuaLua left and wallop. What team could deal with that kind of onslaught?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Zamora is one of the best centre forwards this club has ever had

Wardy IS the best goalscorer this club has ever had

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just thinking about Ward, in his prime, in the current team gives me goosebumps, we would have already won the league title maybe.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ward was before my time, but I have seen lots of him on video - No doubt he looked quality, but is there a chance Albion fans of that era remember him with rose tinted spectacles? His record wasn't overly prolific, and how come he didn't win more England caps or go on to play at a higher level?

Small skilful player hacked down at every opportunity by hatchet men who wouldn't be on the pitch for more than 5 mins these days. The tackle from behind was also allowed abd Wardy was a target for every hard man he played against. The current era is tailor made for a Ward type player, blistering acceleration, fantastic feet, amazing dribbling with the ball and an eye fro goal I've never seen bettered, even by BZ. Think Vicente ball skills and you get an idea of just how good he was at his peak.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I get the feeling that some posters didn't see the dozens of other threads like this.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Ward was best when he had Mellor playing with him although we probably didn't appreciate it at the time. Mellor was selfless and protected and set so much up for Wardy and we still haven't seen him at the Amex, have we?

He also played well off of Malcolm Poskett but we won't say much about Teddy Maybank.

For Ward, think of the running of CMS, the first touch of Spanish Dave, the jinxing runs of Vincente, and the current scoring record of Murray - there you have it. When Ward went to Forest, they didn't use him quite as well IMO. He never let us down.

Rose coloured spectacles -possibly but it WAS THE STUFF OF DREAMS. Nearly forty years later, I am just as excited by what we might achieve

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I get the feeling that some posters didn't see the dozens of other threads like this.

The only one that piqued my interest and a reply was the one that mentioned Peter Ward :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here