Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back to back hatricks

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm sure I remember watching Dixie Dean do this in the 1920s.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Yep, according to wiki: "Only four players, Les Ferdinand, Ian Wright, Didier Drogba and Wayne Rooney, have scored hat-tricks in two consecutive league games"

Didn't our own Jake Robinson complete the feat, vs Huddersfield & Northwich Victoria, albeit one of the games was in the cup?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Yep, according to wiki: "Only four players, Les Ferdinand, Ian Wright, Didier Drogba and Wayne Rooney, have scored hat-tricks in two consecutive league games"

Didn't our own Jake Robinson complete the feat, vs Huddersfield & Northwich Victoria, albeit one of the games was in the cup?

We beat MK Dons and Bradford in between these 2 games anyway.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Seven hat-tricks (or better) in a season - that'll take some beating!

The Cyclone could do that if he really wanted, he just wants to give everyone else a chance.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The Cyclone could do that if he really wanted, he just wants to give everyone else a chance.

You are Bob Booker and I claim my £5.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Henry scored 4 against Leeds in a 5-0 midweek game then followed it up with 3 against Liverpool in a 4-2 win both at highbury Around about 2004 I'm pretty sure the games were back to back , but I could be wrong

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Did Richard Keys and Andy Gray invent it?

Really hate that thing they do these days - a new 'Premier League record' or 'never beaten them in a Premier League game' or 'first time ever in the Premier League'... etc etc etc. Re-writing of history. It's still the First Division or the 'top flight' - the only records that are worth quoting should refer to this fact. For one thing, talking continually of Premier League achievements gives Blackburn Rovers a significance they don't deserve.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
According to talk sports moose on twitter this morning, Torres has hit successive hat tricks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here