Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broken ankle

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
Hey all, quick question....

I broke my ankle yesterday and am now laid up with my foot in plaster. My question is, has anyone ever temporarily changed seats to those ones by the pitch for disabled fans?

I've sent an email to the club but still waiting for them to get back to me.

I normally sit in the north stand but what with the steps to negotiate and the whole sitting/standing debacle at the moment I thought id thought I'd see if I could move.

Anyone had any experiences of temporarily moving to these seats?

Thanks all.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
If you give Customer Services a ring and explain your situation I'm sure you'll find find they're quite happy to sort something out for you

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you give Customer Services a ring and explain your situation I'm sure you'll find find they're quite happy to sort something out for you

You'll be very lucky if you pick up a disabled seat. I've been trying for the last 5 or 6 games and have had no joy. Maybe now the corners are finished things might improve.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
My son broke his leg early December and we had the same issue.

Speak to Lee Ransom at the club office. he was excellent and transferred our STs to the disabled seats for 4 games without a problem. I find it quite odd to read some of the comments above. In none of the games we went to were all the all the disabled seats occupied - not sure why the club would withhold them.

I would warn you the view is lousy from the NW corner. Subs warming up is the biggest problem ( can't really ask them to move!). If you do get a seat try and get one in front of the north where you have less chance of getting an obstructed view.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My son broke his leg early December and we had the same issue.

Speak to Lee Ransom at the club office. he was excellent and transferred our STs to the disabled seats for 4 games without a problem. I find it quite odd to read some of the comments above. In none of the games we went to were all the all the disabled seats occupied - not sure why the club would withhold them.

I would warn you the view is lousy from the NW corner. Subs warming up is the biggest problem ( can't really ask them to move!). If you do get a seat try and get one in front of the north where you have less chance of getting an obstructed view.

I would echo that my son was on crutches for a time and Lee Ransom, who allocates the disabled and wheelchair seating was excellent. I would suggest sending him an email Lee Ransom@bhafc.co.uk

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I would have thought unless you get hold of a wheelchair and someone to push you, your biggest problem is getting to the entrance to the stands in the first place. A short crutch walk and a flight of stairs shouldn't be a problem, all you need then is a seat with a bit more than the usual leg room.
I have assumed you are on crutches, which appears fairly easy at first, but when you have done a few hundred yards on them without crutch fitness training, and carrying the plaster on your ankle, it's a good workout.

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
I would have thought unless you get hold of a wheelchair and someone to push you, your biggest problem is getting to the entrance to the stands in the first place. A short crutch walk and a flight of stairs shouldn't be a problem, all you need then is a seat with a bit more than the usual leg room.
I have assumed you are on crutches, which appears fairly easy at first, but when you have done a few hundred yards on them without crutch fitness training, and carrying the plaster on your ankle, it's a good workout.

Yeah crutches for now and my hands and arms are taking a pasting, it's been a good 20 years since I was last in crutches and boy does it show!

Getting to my house is the worst part, I had to hobble up 40 or so steps (I live up the WestHill in Hastings) yesterday when I got back from A&E!!

As a suggestion only, if you can't get one of the disabled seats would an aisle seat in a lower part of the ground be acceptable?

Hope you're on the mend soon.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Yeah crutches for now and my hands and arms are taking a pasting, it's been a good 20 years since I was last in crutches and boy does it show!

Getting to my house is the worst part, I had to hobble up 40 or so steps (I live up the WestHill in Hastings) yesterday when I got back from A&E!!

Yes. Been there, which is why I thought a seat was a minor problem. There should be a system as there is at airports using the golf carts they already have. That would be a real help to the customers. :lolol:

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Hey all, quick question....

I broke my ankle yesterday and am now laid up with my foot in plaster. My question is, has anyone ever temporarily changed seats to those ones by the pitch for disabled fans?

I've sent an email to the club but still waiting for them to get back to me.

I normally sit in the north stand but what with the steps to negotiate and the whole sitting/standing debacle at the moment I thought id thought I'd see if I could move.

Anyone had any experiences of temporarily moving to these seats?

Thanks all.

There was a thread on here where some in the same situation moved temporarily from west upper,would have thought the club will do the same for you

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
There was a thread on here where some in the same situation moved temporarily from west upper,would have thought the club will do the same for you

That was me after I tore the tendons in my foot. The club said I couldn't be on crutches in the WSU so I was offered a seat in the disabled area at the bottom of the east. I didn't want to leave my mates so had to leave my crutches at the west stand reception and pick them up after the game. I wish I hadn't as there is no seating on the concourse:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It annoyed me after too as I have since seen a few on crutches up there, there doesn't seem to be any consistency on policies there.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
That was me after I tore the tendons in my foot. The club said I couldn't be on crutches in the WSU so I was offered a seat in the disabled area at the bottom of the east. I didn't want to leave my mates so had to leave my crutches at the west stand reception and pick them up after the game. I wish I hadn't as there is no seating on the concourse:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It annoyed me after too as I have since seen a few on crutches up there, there doesn't seem to be any consistency on policies there.

The guy next to me in wsu had crutches for a good year and never had a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here