Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Injuries' that hurt a LOT more than they sound/look

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I take the dreaded PAPER CUT as a good example of this. It looks pathetic, it sounds pathetic, but MY WORD it can smart.

I'm currently limping round the office with a BRUISED toenail from a stud on it at footy yesterday. Looks pathetic, sounds pathetic, bloody hurts.

Let's hear 'em.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
Was going to say 'Dead Leg', as it has that whiff of playground nostalgia so can't be taken seriously, but golly, done right could REALLY hurt as I recall. But reading the words again, in the cold light of day, sounds pretty serious actually.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I had a BLISTER on my heel last week.... I had to work from home all week it was that DEBILITATING.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Apparently an ACHING WISDOM TOOTH can stop you from playing golf :eek:

Oh god.

I went to london with my girlfriend for one of those theatre weekend breaks which includes a meal. I didn't know it at the time but my wisdom tooth was emerging on that day. I was sick in the morning before we left and then had EXCRUCIATING headaches and jaw ache for the whole weekend. It completely ruined it. All I could keep repeating was "my tooth hurts".

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well the obvious one is any sort of whack in the nuts - try explaining how much this hurts to a woman and why it actually hurts more in the groin than it does in the nuts.

Stubbing your toe, especially if you have not cut your toenails for a while.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A finger nail coming off below the usual threshold, DISABILITATING.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here