Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oatway: An Important Week

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
First-team coach Charlie Oatway feels that the next week could be pivotal in Albion’s bid to finish in the play-off positions, as the side face three away games, but he has urged the player to focus on one game at a time.
The Seagulls begin a week of trips to Bristol City, Bolton Wanderers and Barnsley within an eight-day period and Oatway told seagulls.co.uk, “These are three tough away games where we’re going to be on the road a lot.
“I look at little pockets in the season and the two recent home games were a pocket for me to see if we could get six points, and these three away games in a week are another pocket of games.
“We need to take one game at a time of course, but we’ll see how many points we can get and we’ll see where that leaves us.*
“We have got to go and try to win every game and that won’t be anything new for Gus and Tano because they don’t know any other way. They don’t know how to settle for points, they just want to win every game.”
Oatway was an influential part of Albion’s Championship side that fought for survival during the 2004/05 season and he has warned the players against an unpredictable Bristol City side that are deep in a relegation battle, and currently sit bottom of the Championship.
“When I was playing in the Championship we lived to fight because we all knew that we had to fight for our livelihoods and for our family.
“We were all running out of contracts and the club financially couldn’t do certain things. We all knew where we stood and that added to our togetherness. That created the siege mentality and we all had a bit of a chip on our shoulder which we used in a positive way to help us stay up.
“I’m sure Bristol are financially better than we were at that time but they are also fighting for their lives, with a good manager who knows the division, and that will make them difficult to beat.
“It won’t be easy for us because they will be fighting for the lives, their contracts and their families. We will go into the game with confidence though.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here