Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the largest amount of people that has ever seen you score a goal?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
What must it be like to send tens of thousands of people into delirium when you put the ball in the back of the net? Pretty bloody amazing I would have thought /understatement

What about you? How many people have you made go wild with your goal getting talents?

Probably about 20 for me.:down:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Scored at Hampshire cup final at Fratton park - around a 1000 there

Also scored in a teachers vs students game in front of all the pupils so again around 1000

It is very odd hearing a roar (if a 1000 people can make a roar that is) when you score.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If you take the players, managers and officials out of the equation, I think it is probably... two.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
About 3 or 4. Although I did also get someone tooting their car horn for my goal when I scored at 6 a side football. And I feel like I should mention that it was a lovely finish.

Jimmy Grimble

Only about 100 I reckon, but I have scored at The Amex :)

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
No more than 9 when playing 5-a-side!

Must be a great feeling though for any player when scoring and sending that many people into delirium!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
About 3 or 4. Although I did also get someone tooting their car horn for my goal when I scored at 6 a side football. And I feel like I should mention that it was a lovely finish.

I can talk you through mine if you like ;)

Infact, there's a video of it but I think the cameraman jumped around a bit too much for the scenes of celebration to make it into the final cut

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Scored at Hampshire cup final at Fratton park - around a 1000 there

Also scored in a teachers vs students game in front of all the pupils so again around 1000

It is very odd hearing a roar (if a 1000 people can make a roar that is) when you score.

pretty impressive! The winner so far

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
1967 - Hove Park (17th B cub scouts) - 25 yard screamer, top corner.

About 30 parents - and I was told someone filmed it on cine camera.

Would love to get a copy of that. Arkela!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
scored a try in front of a few hundred when i used to play rugby, weird feeling!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
My biggest goalscoring crowd actually demonstrates the most people AGAINST me.

Mine was an odd experience. About 10-12 years ago I went on the annual camping trip to southern France. They had just won Euro 2000 so were still LOVING the footy.

The campsite we stayed on held a 'World cup' in which they invited teams made up of single nationalities to compete. There was about 3 english teams (including mine) and A LOT of dutch, frence and German teams. Anyway we progressed through our group and amazingly knocked out a german team on pens. I didn't take one as I wimped out.

In the final we were against a French team. Basically EVERYONE was supporting them. No one wanted to see the English turn up and repeat Le Tournoi on their own patch. Anyway, it was a tight contest but in the second half we broke away (We were only 13 or so so it's probably no where near as dramatic as in my head). The ball was crossed, bounced, and I nodded in at the back. We went wild. Everyone else (I would estimate 20 teams or 7 a side (so 140 people maybe) BOO'd me for all its worth.

We, of course, milked it and proceeded to do a 'diving' celebration in mockery of our foreign cousins.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Probably in front of about 20 or 30. 15 or so years ago. Charity match to raise some money for the local school. Pub v School Dads. I 'featured' (can't really say played!) for the pub. Somehow manged to jink my way from the wing into the 6-yard box & passed the ball into the back of the net through a melee of legs & past the 'keeper.

Think Will Buckley, but without the pace, skill & finesse (maybe more Zaha without the pace & diving).

My last game. Hung my boots up at the top!

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
About 400, at The Goldstone, Brighton Midweek League Cup Final about 1988. Scored a penalty into the South Stand goal. Special day that was, playing and scoring on the hallowed turf. Team picture in front of the West Stand still has pride of place on the wall at home.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I claim 400 in front of the whole school in a teachers v pupils game. But truth is although I played in it I didn't score!! And it may have not quite been 400 :)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
In a pupils v ex pupils at school, Simon Groom, then blue peter presenter was playing so it was featured on the tele box. So quite a few I would imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here