Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2013

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So spring training is under way and the Marlins already have no chance of finishing anywhere but dead last. Typical. If only they had an owner like Tony Bloom rather than Jeffrey Loria.

But not to worry - the inaugural season of the NSC fantasy baseball league is also on the horizon - invites are already going out to those who expressed an interest last year.

Anyone else who wants to have a go, message me your email address. Don't worry if you haven't played before - copious instructions and links to helpful sites will be sent out once we know who's playing.

As for the real thing, who's going to win it? Blue Jays fans must be licking their lips at the prospect of ex-Marlins Johnson, Reyes, Bonifacio and even Buehrle joining Bautista, Encarnacion and the others in a potential World Series-calibre team.

And are Atlanta going to awake and battle Washington for the National League title, or are those big-spending Dodgers heading for the Fall Classic?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dunno if I'll do a fantasy team, but I'm looking to get into baseball, I have a stirring of interest. I have no knowledge of the sport or its structure in the USA though, just a (fairly woolly) idea of the general rules.

Any chance of some kind of complete IDIOTS guide to start me off [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] ? How the leagues are structured, points for a win etc etc ? It would be much appreciated :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Blue Jays fan here, wouldn't mind a look at it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see that the early Spring Training games are giving no indication. Kansas City Royals are 9-0 while those American League teams off to a slow starts include likely frontrunners the Yankees, Angels and Rangers.

My initial thoughts are are final 4 of Yankees, Tigers, Phillies and Giants.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Go Mets!

Hope the Yankees crash and burn again

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How are the Cubbies going to fayre this season?? I anticipate another season of failure.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Yankees' batting is stacked with power and experience. The key man might be Ichiro and his quest for a World Series title. However, they might be a starting pitcher light and there are plenty of AL teams also stacked with power. I see plenty of runs in Yankees games this year.

The Mets, sadly, have no chance.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Dunno if I'll do a fantasy team, but I'm looking to get into baseball, I have a stirring of interest. I have no knowledge of the sport or its structure in the USA though, just a (fairly woolly) idea of the general rules.

Any chance of some kind of complete IDIOTS guide to start me off [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] ? How the leagues are structured, points for a win etc etc ? It would be much appreciated :)

not trying to be funny, but try this: Major League Baseball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

don't read the whole thing but there are a few sections that should answer your questions on league structure and regular season play.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Support the Washington Nationals, pronounced Natnals.
Very young up and coming team, over achieved last season so should be right on the money, this time.

Bryce Harper is only a kid but is immense, and Stephen Strasburg should be fully fit.

They're east coast so watching games is less of a kerfuffle.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Support the Washington Nationals, pronounced Natnals.
Very young up and coming team, over achieved last season so should be right on the money, this time.

Bryce Harper is only a kid but is immense, and Stephen Strasburg should be fully fit.

They're east coast so watching games is less of a kerfuffle.

I'm adopting the Minessota Twins.

ESPN cover the games don't they ?

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
i'd be interested in having a go at the fantasy league if there are spaces available. Went to the Mets old stadium the year they finished there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm adopting the Minessota Twins.

Gaylord. :lol:

Best learn to spell their name right, first.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire

Yes,they do.

Me ? I'll carry on waiting for the Dodgers to win the title again.It's the only stadium I've been to - and that's the only reason.

Looking forward to a walk,a ground out ,a stolen base and a hitless run scored on a misfield error.

Go Dodgers Go !

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Yankees' batting is stacked with power and experience. The key man might be Ichiro and his quest for a World Series title. However, they might be a starting pitcher light and there are plenty of AL teams also stacked with power. I see plenty of runs in Yankees games this year.

The Mets, sadly, have no chance.

Sadly you’re probably right – but I live in hope (well, that’s what Albion fans do isn’t it).

But it doesn’t take away the fact that the when the Yankees got swept out of the ALCS last year by the Detroit Tigers it was a very public and very embarrassing exit which a lot of their fans are still very bitter about – although Steinbrenner had spunked out about $200 million the team looked inept at best and they just didn’t seem to care.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
you've already chosen!?! i was going to set you on the path of righteousness and turn you into a St. Louis Cardinals fan...

Mmm...the choice has been made sir. I am committed. And like your football team, once you've made that choice, there's no going back.

Like, everrrr.

ooh, I sounded like a teenage american girl there.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Go Mets!

Hope the Yankees crash and burn again

HA HA! Totally agree with you. Having spent time in the Big Apple I came to rather loathe the Yankees and their fans. They tend to remind me of a certain premiership club over here. Am slightly out of touch do the Mets stand any chance? and surely the Yankees are an ageing outfit Is Jeter still playing?

Do you get down to the Garden to see the Rangers much? looking at the standings they need to pick up the pace a bit. Was really confident they might get their hands on the Stanley cup at the start of the season.

As for the Baseball.............GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here