Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hurricane Fly in Champion Hurdle

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hills have just pushed Hurricane Fly out to 3-1 at 9am this morning for the Cheltenham Champion Hurdle for anyone interested (from 13-8). No idea how long that will last.

Roll on the Festival.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Hills are doing a priority price all this week at 9.00 each day ''on a high profile horse'' Loads of Bookies taking Hurricane Fly on - Money back if Hurricane Fly wins up to £100 from Paddy Power also.I have bet the house on Cinders and Ashes in the Champion - It will be a different horse on better ground.

Strangest one is Ladbrokes giving up to £25 back if you have a bet on Simonsig and it loses. Rare that a bookie takes on a horse which is more likely to win than lose (according to the odds)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Strangest one is Ladbrokes giving up to £25 back if you have a bet on Simonsig and it loses. Rare that a bookie takes on a horse which is more likely to win than lose (according to the odds)

I've seen similar before, the only reason I thought they would do it for was to make sure you ONLY have £25 on it :shrug

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've seen similar before, the only reason I thought they would do it for was to make sure you ONLY have £25 on it :shrug

Limit the liability, that will be why deffinitely. There is a daily list of horses to be aware of, which come directly from the Bet Acceptance people in London who monitor the liabilities. I'd imagine that anything over £100 on Simonsig will need approving by them before it can be accepted, that's how it used to work when there was a horse they just didn't want to take any bets on.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think the Priority price this morning for Hurricane Fly was a Tenner only - Hardly worth it in my view. You would be better off backing something else on Paddy Power and laying on betfair if you have a big enough bank roll to have minimal risk for a ton. Expect more of the same for the rest of the week from Hills.

NE - £100 on Simonsig is a liability little over £50. Surely Ladbrokes would be able to take at least 10 times that before they got cold feet? In any case, Ladbrokes @ 4/7 (when I last looked on Sat) was by far and away the worst price.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
NE - £100 on Simonsig is a liability little over £50. Surely Ladbrokes would be able to take at least 10 times that before they got cold feet? In any case, Ladbrokes @ 4/7 (when I last looked on Sat) was by far and away the worst price.

Nope. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the horse I am thinking of, but there were messages every day in the week before the race that no customer was to be allowed more than £100 on it, and it was Odds On. It was a race at York, but I can't for the life of me remember the race. It would have been around the 4/7 mark actually, and it did go and win by a handsome margin as I recall. A colleague of mine hadn't seen the messages and had taken several £100 staked bets from a group of people who couldn't get on anywhere else. None of them were authorised, because it was only £100, and she thought she'd done the right thing. She got a Stage 2 (Final warning) for failing to comply with policies.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Anyway the Fly got well stuffed last year at Chelters and is not one for me

Someone I know spoke to Mullins when hammered in a bar in Liverpool (He even gave him a tip on one of his bumper horses which hosed up - unfortunately, we only discovered after said horse had won having written the name of the wrong horse down) with his view being that he wasn't right all last year and was done on the slower day 1 ground up the hill. Will he win? Not one for me particularly but I'd bet he will turn the tables on Rock on Ruby and at 3-1 is a more than backable price.

NE - I'm not doubting your story but it all seems rather odd. If Ladbrokes are THAT scared of a horse surely they can just price it up accordingly and even offset it on Betfair (given the volumes bet at York / Cheltenham) It seems to be the way that bookies are getting scared of a half decent bet - How does JP get his money on?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I hope someone will be starting an official Festival thread otherwise i'll be making one!

things are starting to buzz up here now (cheltenham....i cant be arsed changing my username!) and i even saw my first Yellow Betfair scarf yesterday!!

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Someone I know spoke to Mullins when hammered in a bar in Liverpool (He even gave him a tip on one of his bumper horses which hosed up - unfortunately, we only discovered after said horse had won having written the name of the wrong horse down) with his view being that he wasn't right all last year and was done on the slower day 1 ground up the hill. Will he win? Not one for me particularly but I'd bet he will turn the tables on Rock on Ruby and at 3-1 is a more than backable price.

NE - I'm not doubting your story but it all seems rather odd. If Ladbrokes are THAT scared of a horse surely they can just price it up accordingly and even offset it on Betfair (given the volumes bet at York / Cheltenham) It seems to be the way that bookies are getting scared of a half decent bet - How does JP get his money on?

Ladbrokes own Betdaq now and a lot of the markets are seeded by them

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Corals going EVENS for Sprinter Sacre tomorrow but max stake is £20

Great bet, plus if you open a new account you get a free £20 bet on your first bet, so Sprinter Sacre @ evens + £20 free bet.

Fill your boots.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
6/1 Oscar Whiskey is tomorrows offer at Hills
Doesn't stay 3 miles in the back of a horsebox:lolol: Watching a re-run of last years race earlier and he looked like he could win coming round the home turn but eventually trailed in 5th. Looks wide open without Big Bucks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here