Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking tips for Bristol

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Anyone got any idea where is good to park tomorrow night? Don't think there is any parking at the ground, and I be not been to Bristol away before.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
We parked round the back of some retail bit last year for a fiver. Was within five-ten minutes walking distance of the ground.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I live in Bristol so it is my one home match.

Look for Cumberland Road on satnav, multimap or whatever. If you get there by 1830 you will be fine. Bristol is as bad for traffic as Brighton and Ashton Gate is awkward from east/north so allow plenty of time. It is actually quicker to come off at J18 and follow A420 and A4174 to Bath Road but satnavs will go crazy if you do this.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Just add to anyone travelling that best route is M23, M25, M3, A322 to j10 M4, j18 A46 to Bath, A420 to Bristol, A4174 ring road signposted Bath, A4 to Bristol and follow signs. Avoid M32 it is not good. This is my commute to Mill Road and tried and tested as best way.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I live in Bristol so it is my one home match.

Look for Cumberland Road on satnav, multimap or whatever. If you get there by 1830 you will be fine. Bristol is as bad for traffic as Brighton and Ashton Gate is awkward from east/north so allow plenty of time. It is actually quicker to come off at J18 and follow A420 and A4174 to Bath Road but satnavs will go crazy if you do this.

Cumberland road looks from the map as if it's the other side of the river from the ground - is that right? Is that a good place to park? I'm not going to be able to hit Bristol until around 7pm or shortly after, for various reasons. Realise it's cutting it a bit fine. Any idea what's my best option for parking?
Any help greatly appreciated!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cumberland road looks from the map as if it's the other side of the river from the ground - is that right? Is that a good place to park? I'm not going to be able to hit Bristol until around 7pm or shortly after, for various reasons. Realise it's cutting it a bit fine. Any idea what's my best option for parking?
Any help greatly appreciated!

Head South of the ground and park off any of the residential roads that run off Duckmoor Road.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I seem to recall it took us bloody ages to get out of the city last time, we ended up going some scenic route via Clifton just because we were fed up of sitting in traffic.

Might not be quite as bad at 9:45pm I guess, compared to 5pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

At the end is it worth doing a left/right just past the Lawrence Road station on the map, or just carry on straight to the Temple Mead underpass. I will be very tight for time so hoping this may help me arrive for KO.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here