Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extended highlights - why no Dann's tackle

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What is it with Seagulls Player and controversy? The goals are always available from multiple sources so
the main thing I wanted to see tonight when the extended highlights were up was the Dann's tackle, yet it's not on there.

I can understand why they can't show it in the ground, but that was a pivotal moment in the game yesterday. If it was featured on the FLS they would show it. it's not the first time, the ElAbd 'save' against Arsenal was ommitted. Any idea why?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
How was it a "pivotal moment"?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What is it with Seagulls Player and controversy? The goals are always available from multiple sources so
the main thing I wanted to see tonight when the extended highlights were up was the Dann's tackle, yet it's not on there.

I can understand why they can't show it in the ground, but that was a pivotal moment in the game yesterday. If it was featured on the FLS they would show it. it's not the first time, the ElAbd 'save' against Arsenal was ommitted. Any idea why?

You have to buy the video nasty to watch that X-rated tackle.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Would of been good to see it again but it would of only been pivotal if he had been sent off surely!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
How was it a "pivotal moment"?

Should have been a red. I felt the officials knew it and therefore gave us everything thereafter including the penalty and the weird corner for the second goal. Unusually I think the fact they bottled it still had an effect on the game but I'd still like to see the incident again. It was indoubtedly a major talking point.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I know the person who stitches the highlights together to make the video package and he simply wasn't given that clip to edit in. The decision must've come from higher up for some reason or another.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Maybe the use of the word pivotal was musguided (thanks to Ulloa) but even so, I want to see it! 17 minutes of highlights and one of the major moments of the game is totally omitted?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It was no more pivotal than the Watford game last season...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I know the person who stitches the highlights together to make the video package and he simply wasn't given that clip to edit in. The decision must've come from higher up for some reason or another.

Interesting. Was he given Adam El Abd's wonder save against the Gooners or did the referres union destroy that too?

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Interesting. Was he given Adam El Abd's wonder save against the Gooners or did the referres union destroy that too?

I can't even remember such a 'save'! :shrug:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Is there a good reason why the commentator is so boring, the product would be 1,000,000 time better if they used the radio commentary like they do on the big screens before the games.

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Is there a good reason why the commentator is so boring, the product would be 1,000,000 time better if they used the radio commentary like they do on the big screens before the games.

His laptop which was recording the radio commentary stopped recording for some reason so he had to settle for Humphries and Brooker again...

I genuinely have no idea how Bob Brooker managed to keep his job, he's repetitive, dull, can barely utter a coherent sentence without throwing a cockney rhyming slang in there and interrupts Tim when he's talking. Worse than Aspinall if you ask me!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
..and what happened to the other last ditch goal-line clearance from Spanish Dave's effort - they only showed one of them (albeit loads of times!).

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Did I mis-hear or did Bob Booker realy describe the goal as 'the onion bag'? Having said that, whoever the bloke is on the radio sounds like he is completely pissed and is just as bad.

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Did I mis-hear or did Bob Booker realy describe the goal as 'the onion bag'? Having said that, whoever the bloke is on the radio sounds like he is completely pissed and is just as bad.

Yes he says that practically every time. I think he even omitted the word bag and just said "The onion". :facepalm:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here