Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scout / School groups at game yesterday..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Florescent bibs. BRILLIANT work BHA. Now we have extra seats we should keep doing this. Great to see. And how many of those kids had a day they won't forget and are currently nagging their parents to take them..?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I think they were from Middle Street School (is that correct)?. That school at the top of Middle Street, or is it Ship Street, in the centre of town.

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
My daughter's school newsletter this week had a section asking how many parents would be interested in taking their kids at a discounted rate to a game soon. Mentioned that the club were attempting to bring in more future supporters.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I think they were from Middle Street School (is that correct)?. That school at the top of Middle Street, or is it Ship Street, in the centre of town.
According to the half-time announcements there were several school parties and junior football teams at the game. Great work and long may it continue.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Brilliant I think the club will support all idea's for increasing the fan base. The U21 will be another great opportunity to show of the Stadium. £10 Adults £5 for children.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Middle St school kids were in South East (with a banner!), Scouts/Cubs were in South stand from about 1.50pm - sooooo excited seeing Gully, etc. Other groups there as well. Well done Barber!

only condition is that they must bring a home made banner

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Like the idea but bit concerned about locating them right next to the away fans. Can't imagine it being a particularly good experience for them in a couple of weeks if the visiting schools occupy the same area...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There was a party from a school in Horsham in the East Stand Lower towards the away fans as one of their teachers sits next to me.

I understand the club provided the transport as well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Like the idea but bit concerned about locating them right next to the away fans. Can't imagine it being a particularly good experience for them in a couple of weeks if the visiting schools occupy the same area...

Agreed, I did think they were bit close. Hudds fan on Twitter commented it was nice to see. Surely SW corner be best as away from ruffians northstanders and abusive away fans?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Middle St school kids were in South East (with a banner!), Scouts/Cubs were in South stand from about 1.50pm - sooooo excited seeing Gully, etc. Other groups there as well. Well done Barber!

only condition is that they must bring a home made banner

Correct, my son and daughter got giving tickets from Orlandi when he went into their school. They want season tickets next season now.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Agreed, I did think they were bit close. Hudds fan on Twitter commented it was nice to see. Surely SW corner be best as away from ruffians northstanders and abusive away fans?

Possibly, but then if there's another concourse war like at their place, it may be better just to put them in the East stand somewhere. Or simply not have them at all. f*** it, 18+ only.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Possibly, but then if there's another concourse war like at their place, it may be better just to put them in the East stand somewhere. Or simply not have them at all. f*** it, 18+ only.

Specifically for the palace game u mean? I'd f2f vote not have them atall... that game could deter kids from coming again if they see any idiots being idiots..

Jimmy Grimble

Thought it was fantastic to see. Would have loved something like that when I was at school!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Specifically for the palace game u mean? I'd f2f vote not have them atall... that game could deter kids from coming again if they see any idiots being idiots..
I can't see the club doing this for the palace game. It isn't the right atmosphere for a group of kids experiencing their first match and it isn't very fair on the supporters if they ended up sitting next to a group of kids for the palace game.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I can't see the club doing this for the palace game. It isn't the right atmosphere for a group of kids experiencing their first match and it isn't very fair on the supporters if they ended up sitting next to a group of kids for the palace game.

It's not like there's going to be a shortage of demand for tickets from people paying full price for that game either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here