Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave out of contract in July!!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

That has to be dealt with ASAP.

Do people realise he played and scored in a Europa League semi final? And scored other goals in that competition at places like Bayern Leverkusen.

Vicente who?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I don't think anyone was certain he would settle in as well as he has done so they only gave him a year to prove his worth, has definetly earnt a new contract and I'm pretty confident he'll stay

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
SIGN HIM UP NOW!!!! Although the way the club deals with new contracts in secrecy these days could well have been sorted already. He certainly seems to be enjoying himself!

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Saw him after the game walking past the club shop with his Spanish missus (and baby?) - shouted something about a cracking penalty and got a cheerful wave in reply. :cool::bowdown:

Looks better and better with every match. Wouldn't look out of place in the Premiership.

Sign him up :albion2:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Short contract but bet we have an option for at least an additional year.

I think it was Marcos Painter who said most players have options built in that the club can exercise but that from the players' side are linked to games played.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would SD signing a long contract lessen the blow of waving goodbye to The Vster?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I've tweeted him this morning in Spanish asking if he would please sign another contract with Brighton because he's the best!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
As per usual it's a two-way street. A partial gamble to sign him, that is now thoroughly paying off, and a risk for him to move on and try out another macho league like ours and feel as if he could be a part of it all. There's likely a we've-got-first-dibs feature in the contract, but at the same time he'll be advertising his standards of play by putting repetitive shifts for us, so we have to be wary of better offers for him coming in if we don't magically rise up a league.
I'd think talks have been slyly going on behind the scenes with a series of winks and a certain latin handclap that speaks of another contract already on the table waiting to be signed, so i'm not worried.

I have the iphone plastic case with David on there and i bloody relish waving my mobile around every time he bags an important goal. He's class and his corners yesterday were globetrotter-esque.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
The club arnt stupid, there are options in place, and as someone has pointed out, they dont sit on their hands doing nothing, i doubt poyet is going to rush into blooms office and go ' crap. i forgot to say, spanish dave's contract is up '

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He started off and I thought what a waste of space much too soft and easily pushed off of the ball; but he has come on in leaps and bounds for us and is now showing his class and ability,hope that he stays on at least another year if not 2 or 3

Dec 29, 2011
An Argus article a month ago quoted him as saying he wants to end his career with the Albion, doubt we have much to worry about.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Didn't Charlie say in his column in yesterday's programme, that David had mistakenly been asking for help in finding him a new house?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
2 year deal please Gus. Make it happen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Possibly the club have done some secret contract extensions like last year ???

Wouldn't be particularly surprised if he's already signed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If he had originally signed say a 3 year deal he could have turned out to have been as useless as Dobbie.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
An Argus article a month ago quoted him as saying he wants to end his career with the Albion, doubt we have much to worry about.

He wants to finish his career with us IF we get to the prem. At his age I can't see him staying next season unless we get promoted this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here