Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace match leaving arrangements

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have already posted this on Ask The Club, but feel so strongly that I hope others will follow suit and complain.
I have a ST in WSL. I have one of the most expensive standard tickets in the stadium. I leave with my wife and son the moment the whistle blows and we exit left from the West Stand to run along the back past the South West corner along the side of the bank under the coach park then into the Mill Road Park & Ride filter. Now for the Palace match, with no explanation, we have to make our way all the way round the stadium to return virtually where we started except we will miss all the buses, be last in the queue, forced to walk past the Palace fanss who, of course, will be on their best behaviour, and get back to the Mill Rd P + R significantly later than usual. Why are your best customers (as we are now known) being given the worst treatment. Frankly it's not good enough and must not set a precedent.

Palace match leaving arrangements.

Turn Right.

(according to a poster in the pisser in the WSU).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Saw that when having a slash at HT, makes no odds to me

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I have a ST in WSL. I have one of the most expensive standard tickets in the stadium.

Crowd control, keeps the rabble in check. I'm sure that if you let the little people know who you are they will usher you across the pitch in the 85th minute so that you aren't inconvenienced in any way.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Crowd control, keeps the rabble in check. I'm sure that if you let the little people know who you are they will usher you across the pitch in the 85th minute so that you aren't inconvenienced in any way.
Arse!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have already posted this on Ask The Club, but feel so strongly that I hope others will follow suit and complain.
I have a ST in WSL. I have one of the most expensive standard tickets in the stadium. I leave with my wife and son the moment the whistle blows and we exit left from the West Stand to run along the back past the South West corner along the side of the bank under the coach park then into the Mill Road Park & Ride filter. Now for the Palace match, with no explanation, we have to make our way all the way round the stadium to return virtually where we started except we will miss all the buses, be last in the queue, forced to walk past the Palace fanss who, of course, will be on their best behaviour, and get back to the Mill Rd P + R significantly later than usual. Why are your best customers (as we are now known) being given the worst treatment. Frankly it's not good enough and must not set a precedent.

And for one match out of the whole season thats a major problem?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The away fans will also be turning right so do you really want to walk in a contra direction through all that lot?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Any match someone decides carries ar isk of trouble -Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff or Chelsea, Man u etc.

Well..if we just stick to championship sides...we have already had leeds cardiff andmillwall and there were no changes then....if u want to talk about premier then arsenal have been with what 3k? and there were no changes for any of them....so i think we can conclude that it will be a rare occurrence

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not trying to be facetious here, but for one game out of the entire season, with plenty of advance warning and planning, I'd like to think you could cope with being a few minutes later home. There are presumably plenty of others who, thanks to the location of the P&R buses, are further away than you and have to wait longer every single game.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath

I have a season ticket in the WSL and shoot out past the south west corner to the coach park. I am as pissed off as you. Why can't the palace fans be kept in until we have all gone???????

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have a season ticket in the WSL and shoot out past the south west corner to the coach park. I am as pissed off as you. Why can't the palace fans be kept in until we have all gone???????

Because...sigh...the nature of the Amex set up is that we won't be all gone for ages, will we? If by some stroke of fortune we win, there will be thousands of people hanging around the bars afterwards, singing and drinking. Are you suggesting that even Palace fans deserve to be kept inside the ground for an hour and a half or whenever people decide to make their way home?

Besides. If we play like we did last year, you won't have to worry about fighting your way through any sort of crowds on the final whistle.

It's one game, gents, tell your other halves you might be a bit later for once.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough

Outside the perimeter fence of the west side is a road with a gate that services the stadium and the University,simply turn right and double back up that road to get to Village way.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Would it not make more sense to herd the Palace straight to the station? Therefore counter clockwise. Personally, this way works out well for me in the East and I will get away nice and promptly.

Personally, I think the Brighton fans should be considered the priority and as the majority of them are in the West... But I think this is a good idea in principle and I wish the police well. This game will be difficult for them.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Think turning right will be a slightly better option then subjecting your wife and son to potential problems when a load of a Palace's idiots appear from the south stand. I'm sure you would be the first on here moaning if anything happened to you because the police didn't taken any extra measures. Man up, you will be slightly inconvenienced for one match. The amount you pay for a ticket is not relevant!

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Because...sigh...the nature of the Amex set up is that we won't be all gone for ages, will we? If by some stroke of fortune we win, there will be thousands of people hanging around the bars afterwards, singing and drinking. Are you suggesting that even Palace fans deserve to be kept inside the ground for an hour and a half or whenever people decide to make their way home?

Besides. If we play like we did last year, you won't have to worry about fighting your way through any sort of crowds on the final whistle.

It's one game, gents, tell your other halves you might be a bit later for once.

I think you've missed the point!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here