Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet Hails Hat-Trick Hero

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet hailed Leonardo Ulloa after the striker recorded the first hat-trick at the Amex, as Albion beat Huddersfield Town 4-1.
Poyet is pleased with the way his Argentinean striker has settled in Brighton but felt that today epitomised why he is at the club.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Of course, he scored against Arsenal and scored against Cardiff but his second goal today showed what we have been missing at this football club.
“The third goal was good but the second goal was the best of all. The timing of the jump, the power of the header and the angle of the header was like the best number nines in the world.
“I’m so pleased for him. For a striker to score three so early in his career in England is so very special.
“It was looking like one of these games that we’ve seen in the past where we create, control but something does not go our way. We were the best team on the pitch with lots of chances but we found ourselves 1-1 at half-time and you need someone to stand up and do something very good, which he did.
“We know that he’s going to move in the box, he’s going to head the ball and he’s going to hold the ball up. I’m not worried about that but it can be difficult for any player coming to England and getting used to the game.
“The win was key because we have three tough away games. It’s tough to recover when there is so much travelling and when the players are spending a lot of time on the bus, so we’ll go into the games with confidence.”
The Albion boss also praised Spaniard David Lopez for his contribution, which included an assist and a late penalty.
“I said to David that he’s unlucky that Ulloa scored three because it was his best game for this football club, and he’s been very good recently.
“He’s been very influential but today was one of the best games I’ve seen from a player who plays everywhere and understands the game in every position. He was doing things with the ball that were incredible.
“He was making us play, taking corners, taking free-kicks and of course he scored the penalty. He’s one of the first players I pick nowadays.”
Meanwhile Poyet confirmed that a decision was made not to risk Wayne Bridge and Vicente.
“Bridgey was 50-50 with a tight hamstring so we did not risk him because we have got plenty of confidence in Inigo Calderon. Vicente has not trained this week because he’s been stiff and we could not take a risk on him either.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here