Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does your blood rise when you see Palace colours ?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Was just speaking to somebody at work and we both agreed that you can be having the most normal and peaceful day but a car driving past with a palace sticker in it will make you instantly angry ! Im normally the mildest person around but these colours just make my blood boil. :rant:

Maybe i need help !

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Was just speaking to somebody at work and we both agreed that you can be having the most normal and peaceful day but a car driving past with a palace sticker in it will make you instantly angry ! Im normally the mildest person around but these colours just make my blood boil. :rant:

Maybe i need help !

If seeing a palace sticker makes your blood boil you need to get yourself a life mate. It's football not life or death. Why does this board have so many palace themes on it at the moment ? Am I the only person that couldn't give a t*ss what palace are upto? I am much more focused on todays game and getting 3 points.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If seeing a palace sticker makes your blood boil you need to get yourself a life mate. It's football not life or death. Why does this board have so many palace themes on it at the moment ? Am I the only person that couldn't give a t*ss what palace are upto? I am much more focused on todays game and getting 3 points.

Not giving a toss about a promotion rival AND our arch rivals? How odd. Always irritates me when I read on here 'I don't care about palace bla bla' COURSE you don't, you're an albion fan, we ALL are bothered by Palace whether or not we admit it. Just like they are us. Called being arch rivals, and forced even more to the point by being promotion rivals.

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Not giving a toss about a promotion rival AND our arch rivals? How odd. Always irritates me when I read on here 'I don't care about palace bla bla' COURSE you don't, you're an albion fan, we ALL are bothered by Palace whether or not we admit it. Just like they are us. Called being arch rivals, and forced even more to the point by being promotion rivals.

When we play palace I give a toss. When a car drives past with a sticker in it, I don't. I just think we have become a little "obsessed" by Palace at the moment on NSC. A look over the last few pages of threads will show you that.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Palace threads are so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................................................

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No need to get upset , just wave at the driver with a :tosser: gesture

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
I seem to have been psychologically conditioned for the colours red and blue together to have a negative mental connotation. Not to the extent of being angry, but whereas most people might find the colours together quite nice, I immediately dislike the combination. It can be anything as well, as soon as the colours are together I hate it. 'Suppose that's what I get for supporting Brighton for as long as I can remember!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When we play palace I give a toss. When a car drives past with a sticker in it, I don't. I just think we have become a little "obsessed" by Palace at the moment on NSC. A look over the last few pages of threads will show you that.

I do agree that is a little extreme! And there are too many palace threads on here for sure. However perhaps its just me but their result it always the one I look at after our game, especially at the moment.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Nope, can't agree, not bothered about Palace, why would anyone get upset at seeing a palace sticker :shrug:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I get more annoyed when I see a sticker with babe on board and find that a right old mingers driving the car. Or should that be baby ??

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Maybe i need help !

For sure you do. Unless you're posturing for anti-Palace brownie points. Personally I won't even stand up in the North if I hate Palace. Cos I don't. 99% of sane Albion fans would agree. Every team has to have a fake pantomime rivalry. Them's the rules. Palace is ours. In the grand scheme of things, if you're being truly madly deeply honest, who actually gives a shit? Palace fans are football fans, exactly the same as us. They just happen to have the misfortune to live in an infinitely shitter town than we do. I seem to recall El Pres once posting a classic thing about rivalry and hating people just because they wear a different coloured cheap polyester shirt than you do. Which is no basis for hatred at all. IMHO, like. :shrug:

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I do feel annoyance and have to comment on it to someone. More so if it is a Palace shirt walking around Brighton of a weekend.

But it stops there, I would say anger yes enough to make me do or say anything no.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
hey its just football,, my next door neighbour is a Palace supporter, but I do want to beat them. BUT one name makes my blood boil, hardwired into my brain.... RON CHALLIS. Who remembers him and what happened when we played Palace?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
For sure you do. Unless you're posturing for anti-Palace brownie points. Personally I won't even stand up in the North if I hate Palace. Cos I don't. 99% of sane Albion fans would agree. Every team has to have a fake pantomime rivalry. Them's the rules. Palace is ours. In the grand scheme of things, if you're being truly madly deeply honest, who actually gives a shit? Palace fans are football fans, exactly the same as us. They just happen to have the misfortune to live in an infinitely shitter town than we do. I seem to recall El Pres once posting a classic thing about rivalry and hating people just because they wear a different coloured cheap polyester shirt than you do. Which is no basis for hatred at all. IMHO, like. :shrug:

Well said, I went to war with a Palace supporter in Iraq, brothers in arms, there was no hatred, its football, only a game and now more than that, its all about money!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here