Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New shirt sponsor?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Just came upon this blog post on a local telecoms company website which says they've agreed a sponsorship deal with the Albion but won't announce the details just yet:

Overline Announce New Sponsorship Deal with Brighton Hove Albion FC! | Overline

I'm assuming it's not the main shirt sponsor as they're probably not big time enough BUT could they be taking over from Donatello on the back? The company already have advertising boards and a lounge at the stadium so this new deal has to be something different.

Anyone IN THE KNOW?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just came upon this blog post on a local telecoms company website which says they've agreed a sponsorship deal with the Albion but won't announce the details just yet:

Overline Announce New Sponsorship Deal with Brighton Hove Albion FC! | Overline

I'm assuming it's not the main shirt sponsor as they're probably not big time enough BUT could they be taking over from Donatello on the back? The company already have advertising boards and a lounge at the stadium so this new deal has to be something different.

Anyone IN THE KNOW?

Why are you assuming its anything to do with SHIRT sponsorship?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Because, as I stated, the company already have pitchside advertising and a lounge and they are keeping the full details of this new deal under wraps. Why would they do that were it not something big the club might want to announce themselves?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Might have expanded on a deal they already have. Didn't know they sponsored a lounge - in the East presumably?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is no way we would agree a four year deal for the shirt sponsorship with a company this small. Just isn't going to happen.

My guess is they are doing something with AITC or one of the lounges or something like that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
they are keeping the full details of this new deal under wraps. Why would they do that were it not something big the club might want to announce themselves?

They're not doing very well at that then :) Which in itself suggests it is low key and no way is it shirt sponsorship.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Never trust a man with the middle name of Hedley.

Have you not seen Blazing Saddles?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
As I said, I don't think it would be the main shirt deal, but could they replace Donatello? Does anyone know if that spot is up for renewal?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If it's to replace Donatellos we had better not win the playoffs as the secondary back of shirt sponsor isn't permitted in the Premier League.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
To be fair, out second shirt sponsor is Donatello's if they can afford it I'm sure Ovaltine can!

When that was agreed we were not the club we are now. There is no way Barber would agree a four year deal with a small locally based telecom provider with a chairman with a middle name of Hedley, however good at their telecom bit they may indeed be!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If we get to the Premier League there will be no sponsor on the back of the shirt

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If we get to the Premier League there will be no sponsor on the back of the shirt

Indeed so we can totally rule out a shirt sponsorship deal:

1) Because it would be very tinpot for Overline to announce it before the club
2) Because Overline is too small to pay the kind of dosh Barber would expect for a four year sponsor deal
3) Because a second shirt sponsor is not allowed in the Premiership
4) Because Barber will be looking for a well known national because those are the contacts he has.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I worked for Overline for a few days at the beginning of the year, doing their "sales". It's hothouse B2B cold calling, so I left very quickly. Jason, the owner, is actually a nice chap, and a serious Brighton fan. They did all the phone and comms systems for the AMEX (and, presumably, the training ground when it opens), so they definitely have a hell of a lot of clout with the club, considering they are actually quite a small company based in Lancing and Worthing. Not a crap company by any means, certainly not as tinpot as many on here are making out. Just not my cuppa tea work wise!! :D

In terms of what they're sponsoring, I would imagine it would be a lounge, or something like that.

Maybe they're going to sponsor the train station?

I'll fetch my coat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here