Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet blasts critics of Zola loan dealings [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet blasts critics of Zola loan dealings[/h]9:30am Friday 1st March 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2351391.jpg
Gus Poyet and Gianfranco Zola at The Amex earlier this season
Albion*boss Gus Poyet has told Ian Holloway and other critics of Watford’s loans policy to shut up.
Poyet says the Crystal Palace chief and detractors of Gianfranco Zola’s Championship promotion contenders are jealous hypocrites.
Watford have 11 players on temporary deals at Vicarage Road, nine of them from Italian owner Gino Pozzo’s other teams Udinese and Granada.
Clubs are only allowed to name five loan players in a matchday squad under Football League rules.
The restriction does not apply to capped internationals so Watford are free to select 20-goal Matej Vydra, Joel Ekstrand, Almen Abdi and Daniel Pudil outside the five-player rule.
Holloway branded the situation “ludicrous” following Palace’s recent 2-2 draw at Watford.
Chairmen will now vote on whether to change the rules at the Football League’s summer AGM after widespread media attention. But Poyet has accused the critics of undermining the job being done by former Chelsea team-mate Zola at second-placed Watford.
He told The Argus: "If they are within the rules why are people complaining? If I say every week I don’t like loans outside the transfer windows, are the Football League going to investigate that and change it next year because I am not happy?
“Maybe not, because somebody has got interest in loans during the year – and I’m talking about, clubs, agents, Football League and company.
“This is by the rules so I don’t know what they are complaining about. It’s unfair and it’s jealousy and hypocrisy so they are making a big mistake.
“They are trying to take away things from the job that Gianfranco is doing. You cannot have everything but if you go by the rules the rest need to shut up, proper, shut up.
“And then, if they change the law, Gianfranco will need to change, simple as that, and he will, but they need to shut up.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here