Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vinyl

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apart from DJ types, does anyone still choose vinyl over CD or digital these days? And I presume no one buys cassettes any more.

I'm being tempted as a fair number of new albums are being released in wax, and most seem to come with a CD or download thrown in.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I always go down the cd route for new purchases, but love flicking through old records in charity shops or old record shops, often buying.

But if, as you say, vinyl releases have a cd thrown in, I may have to reassess. I love a 12 inch gatefold sleeve.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I still buy vinyl all the time from WAX FACTOR down Trafalger Street and love going to car boot sales in the summer trying to find a hidden gem amongst people's record collections

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have a turntable set up in the lounge plugged into a lovely Creek amp and a pair of Mordent Shorts, it's nice to put something on every now and then, and sounds lovely, but one thing for sure, when you play an LP, you appreciate the convenience of CDs or MP3 players.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Living rooms look so bare these days. The vinyl display used to be an important part of the decor, and it said a lot about you. Now everyone seems to have put it away.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Go vinyl, go vinyl.

I have gone back to the beautiful black stuff and love it. I'm rediscovering music in a totally old way.

iTunes helped me rediscover music in a new way. Vinyl helps you explore past masters you had forgotten and reconnect with the idea of the album.

Not only that, but you can spend a happy hour leafing through LP covers in old record shops, and even happier times reading lyrics printed inside the album covers or just admiring album artwork.

Go vinyl my friend. Go vinyl!

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Living rooms look so bare these days. The vinyl display used to be an important part of the decor, and it said a lot about you. Now everyone seems to have put it away.

So true, i was always magnetically drawn to the record collection on entering a someone's living room for the first time. I can't remember the last one i looked through.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

Mines on display brought a unit from ikea recently to showcase the lot ,also brought those picture frames in album size great for having your favourite album covers on display

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I buy about 6 albums a month on vinyl. It's expensive but I'm so glad I've gone back to it. I have barely no emotional attachment to any of my CDs (and I've got 100s) - they tend to stay in a draw.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
i use spotify, radio, and downloading for the majority of my music but buy my favourite albums on vinyl..

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
I've recently started a move back to vinyl. There is something about the interaction with it that you don't get with digital or CD. I've also noticed that I listen to music now, rather than have it on in the background.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Been looking into buying a record player recently, anyone got any recomendations?

Everything always seems to sound so much better on Vinyl.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here