Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving Season Ticket

Jimmy Grimble

Is anyone planning on moving next season from their current position?

There's a few of us thinking about moving away from the North, not exactly sure where yet but I'd quite like to move to the WSU. Particularly for the fact the WSU wings are the same price as the North.

Haven't really got any major issues with the North, just little things that are starting to grate after two seasons there. The main issue being the difficulty to properly tell what is going on in the south goal.

Did anyone on here move s/t for this season? Was it a difficult process? I'm guessing the main problem would be finding seats next to each other.

And anyone who is currently in the WSU/WSU wings - what are the pitfalls (if any)? Only been up there once so don't have a complete picture of what it's like.

Is anyone planning on moving next season from their current position?

There's a few of us thinking about moving away from the North, not exactly sure where yet but I'd quite like to move to the WSU. Particularly for the fact the WSU wings are the same price as the North.

Haven't really got any major issues with the North, just little things that are starting to grate after two seasons there. The main issue being the difficulty to properly tell what is going on in the south goal.

Did anyone on here move s/t for this season? Was it a difficult process? I'm guessing the main problem would be finding seats next to each other.

And anyone who is currently in the WSU/WSU wings - what are the pitfalls (if any)? Only been up there once so don't have a complete picture of what it's like.

127 bloody steps.

Other than that, its perfect.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
WSU is a good view if you were used to the South Stand at Withdean. I prefer watching from there as you can read the game better but we are half way between the North and half-way line so sometimes it is difficult to work out how close the ball is to the South Stand goal but probably clearer than what you see from the North Stand.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I want to move too, currently in North but seats one behind the other with my borther, hopefully get to move to the North Corners at the back, view from the back is much different compared to where I am in row I.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Were thinking of moving from WSU to North. Main reason being we are currently sat second row from the back. Whilst this is good as we can generally stand up without any hassle you do feel somewhat detached from the action being so high up.

One thing that does put me off the North though is the shitty concourse which always seems so cold and seems to take an eternity to get served at the bar as well. No such problems in WSU, in fact I couldn't believe how warm the concourse was on Saturday in comparison to the stand itself.

Make sure you're relatively fit as well. I work out 2-3 times a week but stick 6 pints down my gullet and them stairs to WSU are horrendous. Thought I was gonna have a heart attack by the time I got to the top on saturday

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Worth the steps. Sit in the wings nearest north stand its a brilliant view for the price.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ive been up there a few times and view is good just the steps the problem if your not fit. Be sure to add yourself to the movers list as i currently am as that is on a 1st come 1st serve basis.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Make sure you're relatively fit as well. I work out 2-3 times a week but stick 6 pints down my gullet and them stairs to WSU are horrendous. Thought I was gonna have a heart attack by the time I got to the top on saturday

If you really have a problem with this, there are less stairs at the South end.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
cant see why anyone after being in wsu,would want to move tbh,esp to the north stand,the view just isnt the same

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Were thinking of moving from WSU to North. Main reason being we are currently sat second row from the back. Whilst this is good as we can generally stand up without any hassle you do feel somewhat detached from the action being so high up.

One thing that does put me off the North though is the shitty concourse which always seems so cold and seems to take an eternity to get served at the bar as well. No such problems in WSU, in fact I couldn't believe how warm the concourse was on Saturday in comparison to the stand itself.

Make sure you're relatively fit as well. I work out 2-3 times a week but stick 6 pints down my gullet and them stairs to WSU are horrendous. Thought I was gonna have a heart attack by the time I got to the top on saturday

Blimey must b a bit annoying if u get to the top and then realise u need a pee

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
We were originally in East Lower but we moved to East Upper for this season. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. We are between centre circle and penalty area, not too high up, with the magnificent West Stand as the backdrop to our view and, despite what some may say, the atmosphere is generally OK too. My only comment about requesting a move is to do it on the phone or in person. From my experience that will be much better and faster than relying on email.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
127 bloody steps.

Other than that, its perfect.

I've tried most parts of the ground, and tbh prefer my STH seat in WSU wings (2nd row). The view of the entire pitch is excellent, and I reckon you can read the game much better overall than watching from one of the lower stands (especially N or S)

The only problem with the steps is all the fat gits puffing and blowing to get up them (complaining loudly all the while, and slowing down/stopping), which means it can take a while at busy periods (ironically they're probably the ones complaining during the match because a particular player isn't shifting fast enough, or doesn't look match fit...).

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm right side of the North and I agree that you don't always get to see what's going on at the south goal properly. But for me it's about the Goldstone days. That's where I stood then and what i grew up with it and there's always a part of me when I'm watching games at the Amex thinking of that. Would feel odd to watch the albion from anywhere but the North stand. The people around me are great and I wouldn't change it for anything at the moment. Finances permitting i'll be renewing.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I have been planning to move to the north from the south all season so I'm over the moon that we will be getting priority due to it being the away section next season. I hope to get to the back of the north or north east corner. The back of the north is the best place in the ground in my opinion. The view may not be as good as the west upper but the atmosphere in the north is more important to me then the view in the west.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I wanted to move away from East Upper to West Upper for more of an atmosphere.

Recently I re-experienced West Upper and I've changed my mind. I'm happy where I am now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here