Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TNA

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Does anyone else watch? Currently watching the London show from Wembley Arena on Challenge, just wondering if there are any other fans out there...I find it 10x better than WWE and reminds me of why I got hooked on wrestling as a kid! Loving the current storylines, just wish there was more focus on the X-Division (some of the best matches I've seen). If your not a wrestling fan please don't ruin the thread with tedious comments. Ta

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Does anyone else watch? Currently watching the London show from Wembley Arena on Challenge, just wondering if there are any other fans out there...I find it 10x better than WWE and reminds me of why I got hooked on wrestling as a kid! Loving the current storylines, just wish there was more focus on the X-Division (some of the best matches I've seen). If your not a wrestling fan please don't ruin the thread with tedious comments. Ta

Can't help it, going to ruin this thread with a tedious thread!

Anyway isn't wrestling for 14 year old kiddies or 50 year old virgins who still live at home with their parents???

TWseagull

Jul 30, 2011
When I met my bird, I had to remove three shelves of wwf DVDs from the rack. I now have them firmly back on the shelf and tell the nephews about the glory 80's and 90's. YouTube is the best place these days to watch some decent 'rassling. People in the US are uploading weekly episodes from the 80's and 90's from territories we never had access to. In my opinion TNA is better, but still not a scratch on he old skool. Probably not the talents fault mind!

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've not heard anyone say this abou football???

Maybe not word for word (and not the virgin bit), but definitely heard plenty of people downplay the seriousness of football and the immaturity of some grown ups who put their weekend happiness in the outcome of a game he doesn't even play in.

Sssh, he's backing you up

How on earth did you get that? Nope.

My point was that different people like different things, and some people can't always understand why others would like said things.

I'm a wrestling fan. Well, at the moment the storylines are not particularly enthralling, but generally I am. I think the athleticism is impressive, when done right a match can tell an exciting story that draws you in and plays with you emotions - a feat that is easier when the storylines around the matches are better and the characters more fleshed out and easy to get behind (which is something wwe is struggling with).

I imagine there are deep subconscious psychological explanation about innate thirst for violence being satisfied in a controlled environment that allows us the illusion of said violence with the comfort that it is all for show.

I don't watch TNA much. I will occasionally check out their "ppv" shows, but don't follow the regular show. I'm not a particular fan of hulk hogan so don't have much interest in his show.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i used to love watching the wrestling when i was a kid. self confessed hulkamaniac back in the day. but none of that 'hollywood hogan' nonsense. Lost touch a bit in the 90's but got hooked back in during the 'attitude' era. Stone cold is one of the best entertainers ever, and the storylines with the mcmahons, triple H, angle, hardy boys, edge and christian, DX were all epic. I still tune in every now and again, but its nowhere near as good as it was. Lita was fit as too! I think it all went wrong when they merged with WCW and ECW and split raw and smackdown into two seperate franchises.

As my profile pic may give away, i am a wrestling fan, but have always watched wwe and have just not got into tna. No reason, just never been bothered about it.

Also on a similar topic, anyone wanting to watch Wrestlemania in Brighton, wahoo sports bar will be open till 4 showing the whole event! Good atmosphere from my experience watching it their last year!!

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
One of the saddest moments of my childhood was finding out WWF(as it was then) was not real. Bret Hart, Macho man randy savage, the bushwackers, undertakers etc etc If only I could be made to believe it was all real again, as I used to get right into it. even though it is all fake they are brilliant athletes

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Never got into any of the wrestling stuff.

Currently watching UFC that I recorded on ESPN last night though, enjoy that.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is a joke, right? Story lines?

Watch a film, it will blow your mind. :facepalm:

Or a TV show. Or a play. Or read a book. Or a comic. Or listen to a radio drama. Or play a video game. Or go to the pantomime. Or a puppet show. Or an opera. Or sit around a camp fire with friends. Or...

Oh wow. There are a lot of ways to enjoy storylines depending on personal enjoyment, and not one unique medium that is the only acceptable way to experience something.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Yeah i been watching TNA....the storyline with the Aces & Eights has just gone sour unless if there is a big pay off then this will be worse than when Immortal was brought in

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Always been a wrestling fan, watched WWE and WCW mostly, do catch TNA sometimes but just cant seem to get into it?

Went to Phoenix AZ for Wrsetlemania a few years back and got to meet the Hitman in person.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
TNA is pretty decent. The wrestling is of a high standard and the storylines are a lot better than what WWE are doing currently. The PG era is really killing WWE at the moment. I'm also getting a bit pissed off with Dwayne and the way he can just waltz back in for a couple of months in between appearing in films.
I've been checking out a few indie shows lately and they are pretty well put together. Got to meet Colt Cobana just the other week. I'm lucky in the respect that my 14 year old daughter is the one really into it and it let's me relive my youth.
Ftr mid nineties WWF was the best time for the business imo. Also if you get chance to read Bret Harts book do it, possibly one of the best biographies I've ever read!

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Was going to start a similar thread myself.
Not having sky (and not impressed with recent clips I have seen on you tube) to watch WWE I stumbled across TNA a couple years ago and whilst it's provided crap early on it is now really progressing. With TNA finally going on the road perminantly I can see TNA getting much more popular.
Agree with the Aces & 8s comment earlier. The pay off needs to be HUGE for it to work although D.O.C looked great going up against bully in the 3 man Tag match. Hope he becomes a big name with TNA.
Hope Lockdown delivers!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here