Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Burnley - from The Amex [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
3:09pm
There was little to excite in the very early stages. Burnley got Austin in behind the defence with a long ball but there was no team mate anywhere near the lone striker's cross and El-Abd tidied up.

3:06pm
Stanislas on the right for Burnley.

3:04pm
I don't know if Bruno made a losing start as skipper at the coin-toss but the teams have changed ends. Albion will go towards the North Stand in this first half. Match is in progress

3:01pm
Will Buckley is unwell. Has a virus. Didn't catch it from me. I spoke to him on the phone!

3:00pm
Will be interesting to see which side wideman Stanislas plays today for Burnley. They liike to get the right-footer on the left if they can to whip in shots and inswinging crosses.
Also looking forward to seeing who offers Albion their attacking width. Down to the full-backs?**

2:52pm
There is my tweet from earlier. Let's have a lille look at Twitter and see what anyone else is saying.

2:51pm
We have heard no reason for Buckley's absence. I spoke to him at 3.30pm on Thursday and he said then he was fine, although a bit tired mfrom the Cardiff game.*

2:49pm
Team news was posted earlier. Vicente and Dicker for Buckley and the suspended Bridcutt. Hammond passed fit. Bruno skipper. Greer and Mackail-Smith on the bench. No Buckley. Burnley likely to go 4-1-4-1.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10247919.Hammond_fit___and_in_come_Vicente_and_Dicker/

2:48pm
Have a look at that little weather panel towards the top right of the screen. Looks cold doesn't it? Well, it very much sums up conditions here at The*Amex - although mercifully there have, as yet, been none of those snow flurries we saw this morning. The pitch is*looking just a little bit worn in small patches.

2:42pm
They have won away to the leaders – now Albion need to back that up on a bitterly cold afternoon back home at The Amex if they are to maintain momentum in their push for the play-offs.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here