Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£650 and counting...

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
to be honest its a good investment, imagine in 20 years time when vicente is a cemented albion legend after scoring the 90th min winner against the scum in the 2013 play offs, and someone bangs out a match worn vicente brighton shirt from 20 years ago, it will go for tidy portions

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Interesting state of affairs when you think a Peter Ward matchworn home Bukta shirt sold for not a lot more than £1000 a couple of years ago at the collectors society (might have been a bit less). Also a a couple of years ago a home match shirt (number 7) from 84/85 sold for around £900, an 84/85 yellow matchworn away shirt (number 2) sold for £650, an 85/86 red matchworn (number 11) sold for the same sort of money. I wonder what those shirts would sell for now given the current levels of popularity the Albion is enjoying at the moment.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Since it was £200 there have only been three people bidding, and one dropped out after £335

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The thing I don't get is that there could be dozens of these knocking about. What is special about this one... he might not even have worn it?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
On eBay all bids before the last 10 seconds are irrelevant...

I know - just thought it was quite interesting that the price has shot up due to a few people rather than mass interest

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I know he's special but who would pay that much for a shirt..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£785 is a good price , if you imagine what his play off final shirt is going to go for.

Jimmy Grimble

Do these kind of auctions mean players (in particular Vicente) can't give their shirts to fans for free at the final match of the season?

Speaking of which did Vicente give his shirt away after Barnsley away last season? I vaguely remember a few players handing their tops over.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The thing I don't get is that there could be dozens of these knocking about. What is special about this one... he might not even have worn it?

This is an official club auction.
This is Albion's goal scorer and 'man of the match' Vicente's worn shirt against Blackburn Rovers on February 12th 2013.
Vicente will be happy to sign it if the winner emails auctions@bhafc.co.uk within 24 hours of winning the auction (ie before it is posted).
(Please note that all players are given two match shirts, so we cannot state which part of the match the shirt was worn. Also the photo may not be the actual shirt)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do these kind of auctions mean players (in particular Vicente) can't give their shirts to fans for free at the final match of the season?

Speaking of which did Vicente give his shirt away after Barnsley away last season? I vaguely remember a few players handing their tops over.

Vicente can give away any shirt his shirt if h wants to after a game, and he has done so in the past. The Barnsley game he didn't give his away (to fans in the crowd), there was a group of Spanish people with him after the game (family, friends?), think he may have given it to one of them. Last game of the season shirts are often handed over to fans, I guess it's the players choice, I've been given one or two over the years.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Vicente can give away any shirt his shirt if h wants to after a game, and he has done so in the past. The Barnsley game he didn't give his away (to fans in the crowd), there was a group of Spanish people with him after the game (family, friends?), think he may have given it to one of them. Last game of the season shirts are often handed over to fans, I guess it's the players choice, I've been given one or two over the years.

I think someone disappeared down the tunnel when Mr. V left the pitch and soon after emerged with said shirt.

It may have been Mr. Blobby.

(I had been drinking, btw)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here