Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

N.S.C weight watchers

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I know it's a bit girly, but is anyone else trying to shed some lard? Two weeks ago i weighed in at 17 half stone, I've been seriously on it and lost 6 pounds but I'm bloody starving all time. My favourite time posting on here is late at night and raiding the treat cupboard or making a sandwich and I can't and its bloody killing me.
If you fancy, use this thread to update on your deporkification

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Need to pace yourself, and introduce an exercise regime. I've dropped from 16st 9lb to 12 st 7lb over time, but it does take a methodical approach and above all one that makes it interesting and fun. I could talk for ages about what works for me but the most important thing is to be serious about it.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Since moving to university I've dropped from 13st 7lbs to pretty much 12st (don't get to weigh myself very often due to having no scales!). Might not sound like a massive amount, but that was almost exclusively due to the slightly more vigorous walk to campus and snacking much less.

What sorts of exercise do you currently do and how often? This includes dog walking, etc, if applicable.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Since moving to university I've dropped from 13st 7lbs to pretty much 12st (don't get to weigh myself very often due to having no scales!). Might not sound like a massive amount, but that was almost exclusively due to the slightly more vigorous walk to campus and snacking much less.

What sorts of exercise do you currently do and how often? This includes dog walking, etc, if applicable.

I used to do gym regularly and built my body up doing weights. But after me and the missus adopted 2 beautiful babies 4 years ago I had to cancel the gym membership and mainly exercise at home and cycle to work every day.
I still do this and some weights in the garage but I've piled on the pounds from snacking and gone up from 15 stone to 17 and half

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Been 12st all my life but have ballooned to 16st I'm 44 will I ever be able to get back down to 12st again or am I gonna be a FAT BASTARD for the rest of my life now ?
I've cut down on loads of food but however little I eat now I still wake up every morning to see a FAT BASTARD standing in front of the mirror :cry:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
ive been battling with my weight for years, the best way for me to get it off is to get on my bike and just keep cycling and eating less crap

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Been 12st all my life but have ballooned to 16st I'm 44 will I ever be able to get back down to 12st again or am I gonna be a FAT BASTARD for the rest of my life now ?
I've cut down on loads of food but however little I eat now I still wake up every morning to see a FAT BASTARD standing in front of the mirror :cry:

It's not easy matey. My weight has fluctuated throughout my life, been up to 18 stone in 98 and back down to 13 and half for my wedding in 2000. All I know now at the age of 40 is it gets bloody hard to shift as you get older.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've gone from 17st 12lbs to 16st 4 in just over 3 weeks by eating sensibly. I'm loosely following the mrs's Weightwatchers Propoints, but I'm f***ed if I'm spunking out god knows how much on f***ing iPhone apps, and going to meetings with fellow cake handed waddlers. As long as I stay in my "boundaries", then I feel like I'm achieving something.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It's not easy matey. My weight has fluctuated throughout my life, been up to 18 stone in 98 and back down to 13 and half for my wedding in 2000. All I know now at the age of 40 is it gets bloody hard to shift as you get older.

That's what I'm finding out, all last week I hate no chocolate or crisps just had a pot of pasta all day at work and an evening meal also drank no alcohol for the week either but when I still weighed in at 16st at the end of the week I thought sod it went out for a chicken madras and 6 pints of lager

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
I know it's a bit girly, but is anyone else trying to shed some lard? Two weeks ago i weighed in at 17 half stone, I've been seriously on it and lost 6 pounds but I'm bloody starving all time. My favourite time posting on here is late at night and raiding the treat cupboard or making a sandwich and I can't and its bloody killing me.
If you fancy, use this thread to update on your deporkification

I'd give a vegetarian, sugar free and tee total diet a go for 6 weeks, gets all the crap out of your system - once you've shredded a stone do some intensive interval training 3-4 times a week (only need to do 30 mins a day - 30 second walk, 30 second jog, and 30 seconds at 3/4 to full pace x 20)- it really does get boring and hurt like hell, but gets rid of fat and improves your lung capacity; worked wonders for me, but everyone's different - wish you good luck buddy

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I have been on and off weightwatchers for years, heaviest 17.4, lightest 14.8 (2007), currently 15.8 on the way down again. Need to be under 12 ideally. Have to do it all on food consumption, I can do very little exercise, basically none, due to health.
Thinking of trying Slimming World after a holiday March/April to mix things up a bit. Love WW as I can eat choc and drink sugary pop every now and then and have a treat day once a week, help when you also struggle with depression, long term dieting can be very hard in that regard.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I have been on a get fit campaign since New Year.

I have a blog going if you wanna take a look. Might give you some inspiration.

Warning, contains pictures of me topless!

Fit for my baby http://fitt4mybaby.blogspot.com/

Thanks fella, might check that out later, I'm not adverse to a good work out( oooh errr) up until about February last year I was doing regular weights and cardio but 2012 was one constant round of illness in the Birkin household. Both my kids had spells in hospital with Noro virus, I got chicken pox and wiped me out for about two months then the missus got glandular fever and is only just recovering so after a year out I piled on the weight and now i want to get on it again.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Hey guys
Had great support on here couple years back and lost a heap, but when shit hit fan and me the bottle it all went tits up, but not so now. Hit 306 pounds on Feb 1st, but today am 9 pounds lighter. Have been totally dry from alcohol near to 4 months, and to cap it al.......my new girlfriend is a personal fitness trainer lol...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

I can't recommend this app highly enough.

I decided to try and shed some weight a few weeks ago and this app has made it possible for me. I was 205 lbs (Over 14 and a half stone) and 6" 1' so could do with losing the stomach. I've lost a stone in 5 weeks by setting my target using the app and sticking to it. Walking for an hour with the dog on weekends has also helped. Feel much better in myself and have loads more energy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here