Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your "I was there" Albion occasion?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
I was there at Wembley for the Cup final,and Highbury for the semi.
I was there at Cardiff for the playoff final.
I was there for Both Doncaster games and Spurs at Falmer.
I was there for Fans United and York City.
I was there for the Arsenal game when we played our first Top Level game.I was there for our last.
There have been plenty more including Wards debut at Hereford.

But,for me,my most significant "I was there" moment was Mansfield Town.Being there for the boycott and also there when the gates got kicked in and we took back our club from the scum. Nigel Erskine walking across the pitch (followed by many braver than me) to occupy the Directors box is my greatest I was there Albion moment.

What is yours?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
All understandable,I missed Hereford away,bottle job because they were selling seating tickets to anyone weeks before, but I could not face it.I decorated the hall that day to keep my mind off of it and remember getting more and more convinced(at 1 down)that it was going to be o/k.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
There have been quite a few amazing days following the Albion but I would have to say the best is the first game at the amex when Buckley was just about to pull the trigger. It was the culmination of all the letters, marches, protests, everything that we had done in the last 14 years and for me, everything stopped, it seemed to be completely silent in the ground and then the eruption of 22k people going completely mental. I don't think I've had a happier moment supporting the Albion.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Most important: Hereford

Most sad: Donny last game at Goldstone

Most enjoyable: Donny first game at The Amex

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
losing 8 - 2 at home to Bristol Rovers in 73/74 season

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I have a few

Last game at the goldstone against doncaster & that Stuart storer goal
Anfield in 91 & coming back from 2.0 down against the best team in the land at the time to draw 2.2
First game at the Amex against Doncaster again

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
There have been quite a few amazing days following the Albion but I would have to say the best is the first game at the amex when Buckley was just about to pull the trigger. It was the culmination of all the letters, marches, protests, everything that we had done in the last 14 years and for me, everything stopped, it seemed to be completely silent in the ground and then the eruption of 22k people going completely mental. I don't think I've had a happier moment supporting the Albion.

That silence is on my video :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here