Votes: 138 93.2%
  • No we can't :(

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If we get on a run and actually finish teams off when we're on top, yes.

If, after beating the top two, we slip back into dominating games but not taking chances and then they equalise/win, no.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
we can, but massive games coming up. Home form is now crucial. Big game at the riverside where I dont think we fair to well. Leicester at home is also a huge game as they and Boro seem to be falling apart.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Of course we can, but will we? I honestly think the next couple of games are pivotal, if we can win our home games we are home and hosed, if we keep drawing at home it will be very very tense: hashtag/statingthebleedingobvious

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Well, we obviously CAN. The question is: will we? For me, the answer is yes. More risk-taking seems to be paying off.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We literally need to just do better than all the teams around us by one point over our remaining games so of course we can. The play off final is going to be Brighton V Palace for the most gut wrenching game of tension any of us has ever experienced!

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Only 2 points from Boro with a game in hand, it's pretty much in our hands now.......YES WE CAN!!

- - - Updated - - -

Only 2 points from Boro with a game in hand, it's pretty much in our hands now.......YES WE CAN!!

- - - Updated - - -

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Always said 7th would be a disappointment, for this particular season.

Given the choice I don't really want to go up, but I'd like to have play off experience to learn from.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Yes we can, but whether we will or not might be another matter. I think we will!!!:albion2:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I know the end of the season is still a long way off but it's 'in our own hands', isn't it? I think the key will actually be the three away games on the spin in March - Bristol City, Barnsley and Bolton - and how we come out at the end of those games.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Given the choice I don't really want to go up

Screen+shot+2012-01-15+at+14.55.37.png

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Given the choice I don't really want to go up

Until fairly recently I would have agreed with that statement. However, with the silly money being bandied about the Premiership for tv rights from next season, I am starting to think it is actually becoming quite important to go up this season. If we don't, the teams coming down with all their parachute money are going to make it much more difficult for us, and even if we do screw it up and come straight back down, at least then, we will have the parachute payments ourselves. I also fear our better players (Bridders, Vicente, Buckley etc) may well be poached if we don't go up.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
This league is so tough, anyone can beat anyone else - we're still only 14 points off relegation !! We're in with a shout, that's all we can say at this point, good points from the next 3 and we'll be well in the zone, both those wins are not guaranteed at all.

I did notice that after last night, no-one has lost fewer games than us no, wee-hee.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Always said 7th would be a disappointment, for this particular season.

Given the choice I don't really want to go up, but I'd like to have play off experience to learn from.

Why? Surely league football is alll about achieving.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Aren't we in a similar position as we were at this time last year (possibly not even as good as we were then)? Actually, just checked a snapshot of the table I took last year and we were 4th with 8 games to go!

We definitely can get into the top 6. I think Gus will have learnt from last year and this time we'll make it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So for the past few weeks I've had us chasing Boro whilst scared of Forest behind us. 1:1 with Blackburn put paid to that but last night upset everything.
23rd Feb home wins all round.
2nd March BHA beat Huddersfield & Boro lose/draw to Cardiff will see us top six. Our GD is ten better than Boro.
5 March home wins for BHA & Boro. Still sixth
9 March away wins for BHA & Boro. Still sixth
12 March is our game in hand at Barnsley. A win will put us between 3 & 4 points ahead of Boro.
16/17 March Boro win at home. BHA can afford a draw v Palace (we can win but for now lets accept a draw). Still sixth.
30 March we could come unstuck at Forest with Boro at Wolves. Sixth but could be on GD only.
2 April home wins for BHA & Boro. Sixth but could be on GD only.
6 April Boro at Hull could be nil points. BHA home to Leicester has to be home win but lets say draw to be safe. Sixth by 1 or 2 points.
13 April is a must not lose, a real six pointer. Away to Boro. Lets put down a draw. Sixth by 1 or 2 points.
16 April and we should win at Peterborough. Boro v Forest and lets hope for a draw. Sixth by 3 or 4 points.
20 April will see two wins. Sixth by 3 or 4 points.
27 April Boro should beat Charlton but will Leeds give us anything? Sixth by GD or 1 point.
4 May and it comes down to BHA home to Wolves and Boro away to Sheff Wed. I know which game I'd prefer as a final game.
From there it will be two legs against Udinese or Hull and Palace at Wembley.
In theory we have three points to play with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Until fairly recently I would have agreed with that statement. However, with the silly money being bandied about the Premiership for tv rights from next season, I am starting to think it is actually becoming quite important to go up this season. If we don't, the teams coming down with all their parachute money are going to make it much more difficult for us, and even if we do screw it up and come straight back down, at least then, we will have the parachute payments ourselves. I also fear our better players (Bridders, Vicente, Buckley etc) may well be poached if we don't go up.
As much as I agree with both of you, you are right.

I just love the Championship.
We ain't turning Utd over 2-0, away from home any time soon.

P'boro's equivalent ain't putting 6 past anybody.

I just don't want to be 'that' kind of team.
Assuming PB is to be believed there's still so much work to be done, behind the scenes to make us viable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here