Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 out of the 11 Wins.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Now, we have 2 out of those 11 wins that Gus and others claimed we needed to reach the playoffs, with both of those coming from Hull and Cardiff, two teams we weren't expecting to get much from. This is however setback by the fact we couldn't kill of Blackburn last Tuesday.

But the question is: Can we get those remaining 9 wins?

Burnley (H)
Huddersfield (H)
Bristol City (A)

Bolton (A)
Barnsley (A)
Palace (H)
Forest (A)
Charlton (H)
Leicester (H)
Middlesbrough (A)
Peterborough (A)
Blackpool (H)

Leeds (A)
Wolves (H)

I've highlighted those I think we can/will win in bold.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't see us winning all the next 5, but I think we can get the 9 wins overall. I'm sure we'll get a win against at least 1 of palace, leics, midds, or leeds.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's still going to be an uphill struggle. I very much doubt we'll win 3 away games on the bounce especially against Barnsley and Bristol City who'll desperately need the points. We need to target at least 2 wins from the next 3 games.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Based on needing 75 points to almost "guarantee" a play off spot, I think we might just sneak it....

Burnley (H) 3
Huddersfield (H) 3
Bristol City (A) 3
Bolton (A) 1
Barnsley (A) 1
Palace (H) 1
Forest (A) 0
Charlton (H) 1
Leicester (H) 0
Middlesbrough (A) 3
Peterborough (A) 3
Blackpool (H) 3
Leeds (A) 0
Wolves (H) 3

Total = 75 points :thumbsup:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I can see us winning 7 of those giving us 9 wins overall

Will it be enough ?

i dont think we will need 9 now with Boro seeming to fall apart. Form looks ok for Brighton at the moment, should have hammered Blackburn and the wins over Hull and Cardiff give me much better hope than a few weeks back. Think 70 points will be enough for the Play offs. We need to maintain the positive approach at Home.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
i dont think we will need 9 now with Boro seeming to fall apart. Form looks ok for Brighton at the moment, should have hammered Blackburn and the wins over Hull and Cardiff give me much better hope than a few weeks back. Think 70 points will be enough for the Play offs. We need to maintain the positive approach at Home.

Was just about to say that, we just need better form than boro, and forest as i can see them being the most dangerous out of the teams below us.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think last nights result shows what this league is - totally unpredictable.

I think we can get 9 wins, but we may drop points to teams we fancy beating and wins where we couldnt see it coming.

It just shows you how competetive this league is.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Now, we have 2 out of those 11 wins that Gus and others claimed we needed to reach the playoffs, with both of those coming from Hull and Cardiff, two teams we weren't expecting to get much from. This is however setback by the fact we couldn't kill of Blackburn last Tuesday.

But the question is: Can we get those remaining 9 wins?

Burnley (H)
Huddersfield (H)
Bristol City (A)

Bolton (A)
Barnsley (A)
Palace (H)
Forest (A)
Charlton (H)
Leicester (H)
Middlesbrough (A)
Peterborough (A)
Blackpool (H)

Leeds (A)
Wolves (H)

I've highlighted those I think we can/will win in bold.

So you think last night was the first of a six-game winning streak?! If it was, the play-off spot would surely be more or less sewn-up before we face Palace.

FWIW, I don't think we will need as many as nine more wins. Seven or eight would do it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looking back over the last few seasons, 75 points seems to be the benchmark for 6th place. Although Blackpool did it with 70 in 2010 (and they went up that season).

We currently have 49. 7 more wins and 5 draws? or 8 wins and 2 draws? :shrug:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Just pick up 2 wins out of each block of 3 matched and we will be in the playoffs. Won 2 out if the last 3 with a bonus extra point so job done, move onto the next 3 :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We won't need 9 more wins to make it.

I can't see those around us managing that kind of form either. I'm thinking a good solid 6 more wins, 5 or 6 draws and 2 or 3 defeats from our final 14 games will see us make the playoff's on 72-73 pts.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
We can win all those games (last night proved we can beat anyone in this league) but predicting which ones is nigh on impossible. The important thing is the run in is pretty good and the next few games can allow the momentum to build. If can win several on the spin I think the confidence will flow and we'll be in with a great shout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here