Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lopez for the Bridcutt role next 2 games?

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Any thoughts?
Could be a good move, can hold the ball and move forward with it....

Otherwise maybe Calde?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We need Lopez in the final third imo. Best creative player in the squad when he's on form.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Dicker and Hammond surely ?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Drop Hammond into the Bridcutt role and play either Vicente / Lopez or JFC in the three ahead of him.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would image we will be playing 2 of Dicker, Hammond and Crofts.

Unfortunately, losing Liam is a huge blow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Calde?

I know I'm blinkered, but Calde should be getting more love in the scores.

He came on for Hammond, out played him by virtue of the fact he knew which way to go with the ball.

So our reserve left back can play defensively minded attacking midfield, and make the move to set up our second guaranteeing the points.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
If Hammond is fit for Saturday, then Hammond all day long.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bruno has played the role at Europa League level or Calde maybe an option.
My first thought was Dicker which wouldnt be a happy prospect.
Assuming Hammond and Crofty are out too it is a problem as completely changing the way we play isnt ideal with every game a 'must win'

I was happy with the timing of Bridcutt finally getting his tenth booking............... until Hammond got crocked!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Bruno has played the role at Europa League level or Calde maybe an option.
My first thought was Dicker which wouldnt be a happy prospect.
Assuming Hammond and Crofty are out too it is a problem as completely changing the way we play isnt ideal with every game a 'must win'

I was happy with the timing of Bridcutt finally getting his tenth booking............... until Hammond got crocked!
Why would Dicker be an "unhappy prospect"?. He may not have the legs of Bridcutt but he is better on the ball and certainly more creative. Bridcutt has been a tad sloppy the last couple of games with his passing, maybe needs a rest and come back fresh for the final push.

If Hammond is fit he will drop back.

Funny how over the last couple of weeks Hammond has won back the crowds support, he has always be quality.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Why would Dicker be an "unhappy prospect"?. He may not have the legs of Bridcutt but he is better on the ball and certainly more creative. Bridcutt has been a tad sloppy the last couple of games with his passing, maybe needs a rest and come back fresh for the final push.

Funny how over the last couple of weeks Hammond has won back the crowds support, he has always be quality.

you could be right but I always think of Dicker as being more creative and happier a few yards further up the pitch
Not a deeper lying tackle and pass player like Bridcutt and cant cover the same ground. Crofty would be the nearest in terms of pace and mobilty I think but seems a long way from being fit

Hammond has won people round by his performances on the pitch and a great team attitude - all power to him.

Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Honestly believe that we have such a good chance of making the playoffs we should break our budget and wage structure to bring in a quality replacement on a month’s loan and perhaps one other for the remainder of the season. Even if we part with a 100k plus in wages it will pale into insignificance if we can make the premier league.

Play your ace card Tony!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Honestly believe that we have such a good chance of making the playoffs we should break our budget and wage structure to bring in a quality replacement on a month’s loan and perhaps one other for the remainder of the season. Even if we part with a 100k plus in wages it will pale into insignificance if we can make the premier league.

Play your ace card Tony!

so where is Makalele playing now? :lol:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

He's got over his massive dip in form which helps . . . .

That sentence started so well...

. . . . which Titanic seems to have missed.

Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here