Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Kuszczak: 'Take Result Home'

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
After an inspired performance at table-topping Cardiff, goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak has urged Albion to repeat the performance back at the Amex.The Seagulls host Burnley and Huddersfield in back-to-back home games and the Polish international feels the fans at home deserve to see victories such as the 2-0 win over the Bluebirds.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Now is the time of the season where there is no room for excuses and we need to perform, I know that and I am focused.
“We had a good win against Hull and were unlucky in other games but I hope we will take this form back to our home games. The crowd is always there supporting us, which is fantastic, and we want to give them wins like that at home. It will be really important we take this performance back to the Amex.
“We have believed we can reach the play-offs all season long and we know where we have gone wrong. There have been many games we should have won, but we haven’t scored and it has cost us a lot of points this season, but the quality is there we just need to keep winning.”
Kuszczak pulled a number of excellent saves out of the bag in a towering defensive display from Albion as they defeated the Welsh outfit, and the keeper lavished praise on the performance
“Cardiff played very well and put a lot of pressure on us but we expected that as they are a team with many qualities. It is always difficult to play away, however we did extremely well. Tactically we were good and we defended well as a team and scored two goals which is fantastic.
“I have my job to do individually and I am happy because today I helped the team by keeping a clean sheet, which was important.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here