Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Albion Girls Get England Call

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Four Albion Girls’ Centre of Excellence players have been selected to take part in training camps for the England Under-15 and Under-17 squads.
Phoebe Leitch, 14, and Tiegan Puttick, 15, attended the Under-15s four-day camp over the weekend while Kellie Larkin, 16, and Paula Howells, 15, will join the Under-17s from 18th to 22nd February. Both training camps are held at St George’s Park, home of the new National Football Centre.
Located near Burton-Upon-Trent, St George’s Park is the new training base for the 24 England teams and is also the home of FA Learning, the FA’s educational department.
All four Albion girls are thrilled to have been selected to attend the England camps. Kellie and Paula will be joining a squad of 30 to begin preparations for the UEFA Under-17s Finals being held in England during November.
Kellie said, “I’m living the dream to be part of the England Under-17s. Having the chance to train at St George's Park is incredible, the facilities are just out of this world. I am training as hard as I can on and off the pitch with the goal of being part of the squad for the European Finals at the end of the year.”
George Parris, Girls Centre of Excellence technical director, added, “We’re delighted at the girls’ inclusion in the England camps. It’s important that they all enjoy the experience, and I’m sure they’ll take full advantage of this great opportunity.”
For more information about the Brighton & Hove Albion Girls’ Centre of Excellence, please email girlsfootball@bhafc.co.uk.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here