Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goals on the way for Leo [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Goals on the way for Leo[/h] 9:30am Tuesday 19th February 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2338302.jpg
Leonardo Ulloa has yet to score in the league for Albion
Leo Ulloa has predicted he will not have to wait much longer to be part of a Championship goal rush for Albion.
The Argentinian target man spearheads the attack at leaders Cardiff tonight in search of his first league goal.
Gus Poyet’s £2 million January signing made a dream start by scoring on his debut against Arsenal in the FA Cup at The Amex but has drawn a blank in three Championship outings following his move from Spanish club Almeria.
Ulloa said: “He (Poyet) doesn’t tell me but I know I am here to score goals so I want to start scoring as quickly as I can.
“I am calm. I am not too worried, because of the way the team is playing. In the first 20 minutes against Blackburn Rovers we created a lot of chances so I know the goals are coming. I cannot lose confidence now, because that would be bad for me and the team.”
Top scorer Craig Mackail-Smith is pushing for a return to the starting line-up after he was dropped to the bench for the 1-1 home draw with Rovers last week.
Ulloa said: “He has different skills to me. We play in the same position but we are not the same kind of players. I think we have a very good relationship. Now it is Gus’s decision to play with me, him or us together.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here