Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expat looking for blogs and online team news

thelardfather

Feb 13, 2013
Evening all,

I've recently moved to Chicago. As you can imagine it's a little harder to follow the Albion out here - there's no local Brighton news, no Argus, and obviously I can't get to the games. I guess the internet is going to be my saviour - I've already subscribed to Seagulls Player - but are there any other websites you guys can suggest to help to keep current? It's brutal out here for anything other than the Premiership.

Thanks

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This one is about your best bet. There are usually posts to interesting articles across the web and no shortage of opinion for NSC members. Albion ews comes through here quicker than any other place on the web.

Oh and you can have an argument about almost anything you like whenever you like.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Evening all,

I've recently moved to Chicago. As you can imagine it's a little harder to follow the Albion out here - there's no local Brighton news, no Argus, and obviously I can't get to the games. I guess the internet is going to be my saviour - I've already subscribed to Seagulls Player - but are there any other websites you guys can suggest to help to keep current? It's brutal out here for anything other than the Premiership.

Thanks

Use the website newsnow and type in brighton.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
This one is about your best bet. There are usually posts to interesting articles across the web and no shortage of opinion for NSC members. Albion ews comes through here quicker than any other place on the web.

Oh and you can have an argument about almost anything you like whenever you like.

Disagree with that to be honest :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

No you can't.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hi, shall we have a quick exchange of expletives or are you up for an all-day ten page binfest?

Unless you two want to meet me up the Amex, you had better not ruin this gentleman's thread will your binfestery!!!!

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
You can also buy the match programmes in digital format on the club website.

Are you sure they don't broadcast Championship/football league matches on TV in the USA?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Twitter and the #bhafc hashtag keeps you up to date.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

God ain't that the truth.

to the OP, as an expat myself I check Argus website daily (but please don't read the comments), come on here until it depresses me, check out player now and again and download the Albion Roar from iTunes. I find the latter is the best way to keep up with 'sensible' fans view of all things Albion.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
There are quite a few of us scattered over the good old US of A. Up until recently we were served well by Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer +. I watched quite a lot of live albion games last year on these channels, including some which were not even screened live in the UK. Unfortunately they no longer show Championship games now so those days are gone. One channel worth getting is beIN Sports as it shows championship games – it’s normally available on FIOS or Time Warner Cable.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
There are quite a few of us scattered over the good old US of A. Up until recently we were served well by Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer +. I watched quite a lot of live albion games last year on these channels, including some which were not even screened live in the UK. Unfortunately they no longer show Championship games now so those days are gone. One channel worth getting is beIN Sports as it shows championship games – it’s normally available on FIOS or Time Warner Cable.

Further to Mr. Lyndhurst's wise words...

SoccerAmerica - Fox and ESPN lose EPL TV rights 10/26/2012

Premier League Deal Gives NBC 380 Soccer Games - NYTimes.com

Unfortunately, this move to NBC is for the Premiership only, which may open upESPN, FSC or FSC+ to the option of covering the Championship, but there is no news on this, or anything FSC will be doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here