Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Karndean flooring for a kitchen ?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
NSC is always the source of all knowledge. Anyone got any experience of this Kardean flooring stuff. Mrs Burger want to put it in the new kitchen. Any fitters out there ? Will probably be about 30 sq metres. Ho much does it cost to get it fitted ?. Any help appreciated.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
PM me and I can put you in touch with a friend who supplies and lays Kardean floors.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I has this installed in my old flat about 10yrs ago. Mister Smith Interiors (shops in Crowborough and Brighton) supplied and installed and did a great job. I honestly can't tell you (remember) how much it cost though.

Moonie

Jan 10, 2004
Karndean is overpriced. Polyflor camaro is a much better product and much cheaper.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Had Karndean in our new Kitchen. Can definitely recommend it. Not sure of cost. Mrs organised it all. I just wrote out the cheque for the whole thing at the end.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Karndean is overpriced. Polyflor camaro is a much better product and much cheaper.

This.

We have Karndean in the bathroom but went for this Polyflor in the kitchen as it's a bigger space and Karndean would have been extortionate. Perfectly happy with both floors so far.

If you want to look at Karndean there's a shop in Carlton Terrace opposite Aldi Portslade - huge selection to look at for a small shop - but the price they quoted was too high. My builder got the Karndean much cheaper and he fitted it, then recommended Polyflor when it came to the kitchen diner.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
we put this down in the kitchen 4 years ago, very good stuff, we ordered online with the glue from completely flooring( think i found a discount code online for it), got a number from a friend of a friend who is a carpet/karndean fitter. did a great job fitting, came a couple of days before and whacked some levelling compound on the floor so it was completly level first, then spent most of the day fitting as it was giant graphite tiles consisting of 9 different size squars and metallic strips. pm me i still have his number if you want it.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Best flooring we have ever had ended up doing the whole house it's bullet proof stuff easy to keep clean the best product I have ever purchased

MonkeyGland

Jul 3, 2008
We had Karndean fitted in our kitchen about 4 years ago I think. Really good flooring - bulletproof. Was expensive but looks the same as the day it was laid down.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
NSC is always the source of all knowledge. Anyone got any experience of this Kardean flooring stuff. Mrs Burger want to put it in the new kitchen. Any fitters out there ? Will probably be about 30 sq metres. Ho much does it cost to get it fitted ?. Any help appreciated.

Karndean is a great product with a bigger colour and design selection than Camaro which is more of an industrial / commercial product. It is true Camaro is cheaper. Karndean is between 24-100 depending on what product you go for Knight tile is or should be about 24 with a 12 year guarantee which is only valid if laid by approved fitters. The sub floor must be prepared correctly for example if concrete it will screeded and if timber or chipboard you will need 6mm WBP plyboard fitted and feather finish the joints. The good thing about Karndean is if one plank or tile is damaged you can heat them up and replace the one tile, I am not sure you can do that with Camaro ( I will check Monday for you) as the adhesive may have a diffrent grab feature. Also be aware packs sizes are sold in 3.34sqm and allow about 7% waste so I think you will need 10packs. The labour is not cheap.

Hope this helps, pm if you want me to give you a guide price of what you should pay

- - - Updated - - -

Karndean is a great product with a bigger colour and design selection than Camaro which is more of an industrial / commercial product. It is true Camaro is cheaper. Karndean is between 24-100 depending on what product you go for Knight tile is or should be about 24 with a 12 year guarantee which is only valid if laid by approved fitters. The sub floor must be prepared correctly for example if concrete it will screeded and if timber or chipboard you will need 6mm WBP plyboard fitted and feather finish the joints. The good thing about Karndean is if one plank or tile is damaged you can heat them up and replace the one tile, I am not sure you can do that with Camaro ( I will check Monday for you) as the adhesive may have a diffrent grab feature. Also be aware packs sizes are sold in 3.34sqm and allow about 7% waste so I think you will need 10packs. The labour is not cheap.

Hope this helps, pm if you want me to give you a guide price of what you should pay

eggshell blonde

Oct 21, 2007
Portslade

I am a registered Karndean contractor and can help out if needed? Samples / price / advice etc.
PM me for contact details.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here