Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indian restaurant recommendations in Haywards Heath...??

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Meeting family in HH soon, and need to sort a good restaurant.

Any advice??

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Nizam or Curry Inn both good. NOT NOT NOT Rice & Spice.... Vile place

showpony

Sep 2, 2004
HH
Avoid Rice and Spice! I used to be a regular there until a few months ago, when they served our popadoms including one of which had a two inch cockroach actually cooked into it! They explained "well it happens...", and no hint of an apology was offered.

If you're in a group and don't mind amateurish, but hilarious, serving staff go to The Balti House, otherwise try The Curry Inn. Both serve excellent food.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Nizam or Blue India for me.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Avoid Rice and Spice! I used to be a regular there until a few months ago, when they served our popadoms including one of which had a two inch cockroach actually cooked into it! They explained "well it happens...", and no hint of an apology was offered.

If you're in a group and don't mind amateurish, but hilarious, serving staff go to The Balti House, otherwise try The Curry Inn. Both serve excellent food.

i once got served a naan bread in the rice & spice that had a two inch piece of molten plastic in it ! Didnt really get an apology either

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

The same thing happened to me but my cockroach ran off of the rice dish as they put it on the table. I pointed at it and the waiter just laughed and walked off. I've never been back since.
Got to agree with Nizam for something special or Curry Inn is a very good alternative.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
The Nizam food is better but the service at the Curry Inn is second-to-none, both are winners. Guess you could always do it on which side of H. Heath you want to be? Curry Inn is closer to Lindfield, Nizam is nearer the centre/Fox Village way

Mr Bronson

Feb 24, 2009
As a new resident to Haywards Heath does anyone recommend a Chinese restaurant/takeaway? I've tried the Canton Chef and wasn't massively impressed.

Nizam is great for Indian although the service can be a little slow at times.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003

That is terrible - Should be renamed Mice and Lice :(

As a new resident to Haywards Heath does anyone recommend a Chinese restaurant/takeaway? I've tried the Canton Chef and wasn't massively impressed.

Tai Kar is alright.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Is takeaway only but Didar is the best Indian food I've had in HH. Free Home Delivery

I'm a little bit meh about Nizam. It's perfectly fine but I haven't been blown away by the food. Was actually quite impressed by the service in the Balti House. Offered us a free drink when we sat in for dinner and when we got takeway they would carry the bag to the door before giving it to us. Switched in the end as the quality of the meat was poor a couple of times in a row. Good value though.

- - - Updated - - -

China Brasserie gets my vote. Beef Szechuan is the best I've ever had.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Nizam good food and service a bit pricey it's one of the original curry restraunts in Haywards Heath? I rember when it was a health club . Have a good one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here