Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet Proud of Class Act

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Proud Albion boss Gus Poyet felt that his side played the best football of his tenure so far, and felt that his side deserved more than the one point following a 1-1 draw.
The Uruguayan told seagulls.co.uk, “There were moments where I have never seen teams play that way in this division and it’s difficult to put it into words. During the first 23 minutes we were a class act.
“There is not too much to analyse because without any doubt we were more superior in every part of the game. Today I’m very proud and it was due to what we have been doing for the last two or three years, and the work of the players.
“I don’t remember seeing a team with that quality, technical ability, the pace, precision and the tactical ability. The boys were tactically outstanding today.
“The way we managed to put Blackburn on the back foot the whole game and not score was spectacular. It was difficult to understand how we did not win. We don’t want to change anything but it’s about scoring three or four goals when you have 17 shots on goal. In a normal situation we would have won the game three or four to one.
“It will click one day for us and we will score a lot of goals. If that happens this season we have a very good chance of getting into the top six.”
The side’s performance was largely orchestrated by Vicente, who played his first full game of the domestic season, and Poyet said that is a significant moment for the club.
“We are trying to use Vicente in the best way we can. He came through 30 minutes well on Saturday and now he’s played 90 minutes, so we need to hope that he is okay afterwards.
“It’s a tricky situation because we want to play him but we don’t want to lose him. He got through the whole game and the way he linked up play was spectacular. He did it in ways that other players can’t do.
“He is a special player and was without doubt influential in many of our actions. The medical team have done a special job on him and that is probably the main point today. The fact that Vicente came through the whole game is very important for the rest of the season.”
Meanwhile, Will Hoskins was carried off with what looked like a knee injury late in the first half but Poyet is unsure of the extent of his injury.
“Hosko is in the hospital. We don’t know how bad it is yet but it could be bad. He was pointing to his knee but it’s early and we will wait and see. Hopefully it’s just a big knock and I’m sure he will recover well and have a future at this football club.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here