Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Mourinho, love him or hate him?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Watching the documentary about him on I.T.V. I know he's generally seen as an arrogant git but I've always liked him.
But then I often like the bad boys, sometimes cocky but as long as they have character and personality, as I liked Cloughie as well.
Well? love him or hate him?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Watching the documentary about him on I.T.V. I know he's generally seen as an arrogant git but I've always liked him.
But then I often like the bad boys, sometimes cocky but as long as they have character and personality, as I liked Cloughie as well.
Well? love him or hate him?

that's the key isn't it. It's why that humourless whinger Ferguson is so unpopular.

I think any top top manager/player needs to be a sore loser but bacon chops brings NOTHING else to the party. Never even sounds like he likes football that much either.

Oct 25, 2003
absolutely love him..........favourite manager of all time

he's just endless amounts of fun

- - - Updated - - -

it's just so common for people to "hate" successful people who are self assured

arrogance is fine if you can back it up with results......2 champions league wins (one with PORTO ffs) and league titles in italy, spain and england pretty much backs it up

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
love him. his hint of arrogance can be excused because, well, he's done it all so its not really arrogant is it?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Love him.

He's got character and personality, and will say what he thinks rather than just spouting off the usual tedious cliches in every interview as most managers do in some form or another. The game needs more managers like him, and I hope to see him managing in this country again in the near future. Of course it helps that he has the undoubted managerial skill to back up his talking, much as a certain Mr Clough did.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Big fan. The people who moan about people like Mourinho would miss them when they're gone. Make the game far more interesting.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Glad you all feel the same, he absolutely deserves to be a little bit Arrogant because he's won it all. And although it helps he's been at teams with loads of cash to splash on players, this argument is neither here nor there for me as managers before and after Mourinho at those clubs have made a complete ass of it. The positivity and steadfast belief you are the best and will win everything must be infectious to his players.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As unlikely as I appreciate it is, I would LOVE to see Mourinho manage England.

Of anyone in world football today I think if anyone has a real shot of coaching us to success (and by success I mean actually winning something), it would be him. On some level as well, I think the challenge of it would appeal to him/his ego as well, in the sense that he will have seen and be aware of all those who have gone before him and failed, but if he could be the one who finally did it....well, you'd need double sized doors at Wembley to fit his head through them.

As I said it's unlikely (to say the least), but it'd be fun.

I-Love-Him.gif

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
As unlikely as I appreciate it is, I would LOVE to see Mourinho manage England.

Of anyone in world football today I think if anyone has a real shot of coaching us to success (and by success I mean actually winning something), it would be him. On some level as well, I think the challenge of it would appeal to him/his ego as well, in the sense that he will have seen and be aware of all those who have gone before him and failed, but if he could be the one who finally did it....well, you'd need double sized doors at Wembley to fit his head through them.

As I said it's unlikely (to say the least), but it'd be fun.

Definitely this, I've always wanted him to be England boss.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Love him.

He's got character and personality, and will say what he thinks rather than just spouting off the usual tedious cliches in every interview as most managers do in some form or another. The game needs more managers like him, and I hope to see him managing in this country again in the near future. Of course it helps that he has the undoubted managerial skill to back up his talking, much as a certain Mr Clough did.

Very much this, plus he is always interesting to listen to, does self deprecating humor very well, can be enigmatic, cocky or arrogant but also possesses great humility on occasions. All this backed up by his record, across several countries.

Who else but Jose would throw his Premiership medal in to the crowd for the fans ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
that's the key isn't it. It's why that humourless whinger Ferguson is so unpopular.

I think any top top manager/player needs to be a sore loser but bacon chops brings NOTHING else to the party. Never even sounds like he likes football that much either.

I saw a programme on Mourhino the other week and it is quite clear that Ferguson has the utmost respect for him and that they get on really well, sharing a good bottle of wine after games. The Mourinho we see in press interviews is apparently not the same guy in private life.

The guy is great entertainment and is undoubtably a class manager who instills total loyalty and effort in his players. Football could do with more like him, even if he does sometimes come across as a complet twat.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I saw a programme on Mourhino the other week and it is quite clear that Ferguson has the utmost respect for him and that they get on really well, sharing a good bottle of wine after games. The Mourinho we see in press interviews is apparently not the same guy in private life.

The guy is great entertainment and is undoubtably a class manager who instills total loyalty and effort in his players. Football could do with more like him, even if he does sometimes come across as a complet twat.

well yeah, I agree. On the other hand though I think Ferguson is a dullard twat.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here