[Official Site] CMS Seeks Momentum

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
cms-bolton-nn229-506751_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
08:49 12th February 2013
by Adam Tighe
Striker Craig Mackail-Smith is looking to back up Saturday’s win over Hull City with a further three points against Blackburn Rovers at the Amex.
Gus Poyet’s side face their second game in four days after defeating the Tigers 1-0, and Albion’s top scorer believes another win will further increase the squad’s confidence ahead of next week’s trip to league leaders Cardiff City.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Another win will give us even more momentum going towards the final 15 games.* If we can go into the Cardiff game with another three points it will be a massive boost so it’s important we put in a good performance against Blackburn.
“The boys are really happy after the weekend. It was another tough performance but it is the business part of season, so every game is tough. It was a great team performance against Hull and we dug deep to keep them out.
“The key is to keep a clean sheet then that gives us a chance because we will create chances with the players we have got. Recently our defence has played well, and Tomasz was fantastic on Saturday."
Leonardo Ulloa completed his first 90 minutes in Albion colours against Hull, alongside Mackail-Smith, and the Scottish international believes there is a good understanding between him and his new Argentinean partner.
“To have another strike partner up front makes it a lot easier; it means I can get in the channels and make space for him and myself, it works well.
“We seem to have a bit more of attacking threat with both of us up top because he is big, strong and very mobile for a big guy, a different sort of striker to me. We complement each other well and hopefully we have done enough to get another start together against Blackburn.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here