Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No more loans planned for Poyet [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]No more loans planned for Poyet[/h]5:00pm Friday 8th February 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
ALBION manager Gus Poyet has ruled out further additions to his squad*now that*the loan transfer window is open.
Poyet says there is “no chance” the Seagulls will supplement the capture at the end of the January transfer window of ex-England centre-half Matt Upson from Stoke for the rest of the season.
The loan window is open only to Football League clubs, not those in the Premier League.
Poyet told The Argus: “Sooner or later this football club, maybe some of the players or maybe me, are going to be in the Premiership and we need to be ready to deal with the Premiership rules.
“Not with these week-to-week, month-to-month, three month loans at any time and changing players and making a very difficult situation for anyone.
“It's not my way anyway, I don't like that. I am sure the managers that use the loan system a lot, in and outs every month or two months, will struggle badly if they get to the Premiership.
“You don't have that chance in normal football, you only have that chance in the Football League in England. If you go to the second division in Spain in February and you ask to have a player on loan they will ask if you are coming from another planet, because that doesn't happen.”
Meanwhile, Romain Vincelot has linked up with Poyet's Albion predecessor Russell Slade at Leyton Orient for the rest of the season.
The versatile Frenchman recently had his contract with the Seagulls terminated by mutual consent.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here