Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet ready to run risks in play-off push [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet ready to run risks in play-off push[/h]9:30am Friday 8th February 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2326434.jpg
Gus Poyet says Albion must take more risks to get wins
ALBION boss Gus Poyet is ready to take more risks in search of wins to pinch a play-off place.
The Seagulls are five points adrift of the play-off zone ahead of third-placed Hull City’s visit tomorrow night (5.20pm).
Four of their next five matches are at The Amex but they are playing catch-up after only two victories from their last ten Championship outings.
Poyet told The Argus: “The idea is to win as many games as possible, to win, that’s the word now. From now until the end of the season it’s only about winning. Are we going to take more risks than before? Probably.
“I think we have taken plenty. We played with one centre-half at home for 45 minutes (against Millwall) and we weren’t defending behind the halfway line and we couldn’t win anyway.
“But there are things that are going to be different for sure. On the day we are the better team, that we are in control, I think we should take a little bit more risk than usual, because a draw is not good enough. We’ve had too many.
“To do that as well we need to be better at the back. “We conceded three last week (at Sheffield Wednesday) and I was not happy with those situations, so we need to be the same team we were at the beginning (of the season) defending and, with the new players and this new mentality, to try to win more games and score more.
“To summarise, we need to be stronger in both boxes. Yes, it does matter for the way we play what we do in the middle, but at the end of the day it’s how you defend your box and how clinical you are in the other box. That’s the key from now on.”
Poyet’s attacking options for the Hull game have been improved by the recoveries from injury of adventurous first-choice right-back Bruno (Achilles) and winger Will Buckley (hamstring).

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here