Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Poyet: It's About Winning

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Gus Poyet has given his players a licence to be more attacking and become more ruthless between now and the end of the Championship season.
The Albion boss admitted that his side’s position in the table has been hampered by too many draws and wants his players to take more risks in search of wins, as they mount a charge for a strong finish.
Poyet told seagulls.co.uk, “The idea is to win as many games as possible. From now until the end of the season it’s about winning so we will probably take more risks to get the win.
“On a day when we are in control we need to take more risks to win the game because draws are not good enough anymore. To do that we also have to be better at the back because we conceded three last week and I was not happy with the situations.
“We need to be stronger in both boxes. At the end of the day it’s how you defend in your box and how clinical you are in the opposition box.
“We cannot make any more mistakes. I would like to be in a situation where we are the better team and we are winning, and if the opposition is better than us and we cannot do anything about it, we try our best to take something from the game.
“We should be doing better in the league but we have dropped too many points. But there is no-one to blame but ourselves. Cardiff know how to play the game under any conditions and that is why they are top.”
Albion’s weekend opponents Hull City are currently sitting third in the Championship, only missing out on the automatic places on goal difference, and Poyet said it’s important that his side take points off the top teams.
“It might only look like the same three points for winning a game but winning on Saturday will mean that it's three points that Hull cannot get, which is also very important.
“Teams that have done well so far this season are in a great position in the table because of how they are playing. Hull are one of them so it will be a very good game for us.
“It’s a great game to be involved in. The players, the fans, the coaches, it should be a special game for everyone.”
Meanwhile, the Uruguayan confirmed that he is not planning any more loan moves outside of the transfer window as he tries to equip his squad for top-flight football.
“I want this club, the coaches and players to be ready for the Premier League so I want us to be used to playing under Premier League rules. The loan system is different in the Premier League and managers who have relied on it to get into the Premier League will struggle when they get there.
“They will miss that system. You don’t normally have the options of loans outside of the transfer window, it’s just in the Football League in England, so I’m not planning any loan moves.”
Tickets for this game are still available online, via the ticketline - 0844 327 1901 - and in person at the Amex Stadium ticket office.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here