Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any plumbers here? Question about Hydronic plinth heater operation

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just had a new kitchen fitted and to allow more units we did away with an old radiator and on the advice of the fitter we had a Myson hydronic plinth heater fitted. The prime request we made was that the heater would run off the central heating in that it would kick automatically in when the heating came on in the morning and the late afternoon as per the timer.

The front of the heater has two basic controls in that it has a fan speed setting (I&II), and a Summer and Winter setting, plus there is a spurred remote switch set up on some tiles above the work surface. My problem is that you have to manually turn on the wall switch to generate heat when the central heating is on and then when the heating turns off you have to again turn off the wall switch otherwise the fan continues to blow cold air. Or to put it another way the theory was that if heating comes on at 6am it would preheat the kitchen until i get up at 7.00 but in reality i have to manually flick the switch at 7 because if the switch is left on overnight it will just blow cold air.

The manual is not very helpful although admittedly i am a DIY doofus and worrying suspicion is that fitter has not done something properly.

Thanks for any help

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
So I guess you're saying there have been a switch on the fan loop triggered by the timer? (ie kicked in by the heating coming on and vice versa when it goes off?)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
So I guess you're saying there have been a switch on the fan loop triggered by the timer? (ie kicked in by the heating coming on and vice versa when it goes off?)

Yes, aside from the expense of a purely electric isolated heater, i wanted a heat source that reacted in the same way as rad would when connected to the central heating and was able to auomatically pre heat the area without manually have to flick on the wall switch.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Yes, aside from the expense of a purely electric isolated heater, i wanted a heat source that reacted in the same way as rad would when connected to the central heating and was able to auomatically pre heat the area without manually have to flick on the wall switch.

Will get back to u----bit late at mo

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Im not a plumber, but it sounds as if the switch should be connected to your central heating timer, so it atomatically comes on and goes of with the rest of the system

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here