Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Edwards Appointed Interim CEO of AITC

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion in the Community (AITC) has confirmed the appointment of Michael Edwards, former senior vice president with American Express, as the interim chief executive of AITC.
Michael will report to the charity's chairman of trustees, Dick Knight, and to Brighton & Hove Albion FC's chief executive, Paul Barber.
Knight, chairman of Albion in the Community's trustees, said, "As a highly respected businessman with close knowledge of AITC and the football club and a well known and respected member of the community, Michael is the ideal choice to step in to oversee AITC's transition following the resignation of our joint managing directors, Steve Ford and Alan Sanders, last week.
“Steve and Alan will work with Michael to effect a smooth handover during their respective notice periods and I want to thank them both for the immense contribution they have made in building AITC."
Brighton & Hove Albion FC, chief executive, Paul Barber, added, "We are delighted that Michael has agreed to step in to support AITC at this time. He is well known by everyone within both AITC and the football club. Michael will be a welcome and hugely valuable addition to the charity at this time."
Commenting on his appointment as interim chief executive of AITC, Michael Edwards said, "I'm very familiar with AITC's fantastic contribution to our community and I have admired the charity's rapid growth in recent years.
“It's an honour to be asked to support the organisation through the next phase in its development and I look forward to working with AITC's staff, partners, and the football club to build on the good work already being done."
Michael will commence his new role on Monday 4 February 2013.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here