Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good to see Gus knows how to control his players

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
“That is Ash and I accept it how it is and I don't want him to change.

“He is disappointed, sad and upset enough without me saying something on top of that. He knows and we all know and that is just football.

“I accept it because I’ve done it, Tano’s done it and Charlie’s done it. You just hope it doesn’t happen too often and it doesn’t with Ash, the first time this season.”

What an absolute joke.

It's the first red card this season, but it's not the first time he's retaliated like a spoilt brat.

He's not shown any sign of improvement of his temper, it doesn't add anything to his game,he just plays like he's got a chip on his shoulder, and has been absolute pony for 70% of the season so far.

But it's ok, he's cost us a game of football with his petulance, but Poyet's got this one covered. "You just hope it doesn't happen too often" - well great Gus, that's once a season then, costing us three points at a time, certainly enough to be the difference between promotion and not.

Meanwhile, Hoskins scores against Newcastle and impresses in the reserves. His reward? About 10 minutes football in the 6 or so games we've had since then.

Poyet's lost it. Absolute man management shambles. LuaLua? Barely gets a look in despite playing really well recently. Barnes? 3 match ban, but you know he'll be straight back in because that's the sort of ridiculous decision that we've come to expect from a manager who is now looking out of his depth.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Got to be fishing?

Nope. A good manager would be trying to utilise the players temper.

But not Gus. He's happy to throw away points and just hope it doesn't happen again. After all, what difference will 3 points make, as we continue to drift further away from the play-offs.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Nope. A good manager would be trying to utilise the players temper.

But not Gus. He's happy to throw away points and just hope it doesn't happen again. After all, what difference will 3 points make, as we continue to drift further away from the play-offs.

I'll have you know we didn't drift any further from the play offs after Saturdays loss. Barnes is a good player and has been playing well recently. Yes he's got a short fuse but I for one don't care. As you said we've only had one red card this season and in Saturdays game I would say all 3 goals could have been prevented whether we had 9 or 11 players on the pitch.

As for Hoskins, he's got to get in ahead of CMS, Barnes and Ulloa.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just tells us what we already knew. Barnes is Poyet's golden boy. And before anyone say's that's another dig at Barnes, it's not. He has deserved his place recently. But we all know he was picked many times, when his form did not warrant it. Sparrow and Vincelot both found themselves, out the door for getting needless red cards. You could see Barnes was going to do it, he lets his team mates and the fans down badly. But that's ok, because that's just "ash!!".

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Why? He's angry at Gus for saying "I hope it doesn't happen too often". The fact is it doesn't happen often and Barnes has improved his temper from last season. What do you expect Gus to say other than that? "I really hope it happens every week"

Woops... In reply to Pork Pie

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Has anybody seen a public apology from Barnes? Some will say he doesn't need to but wouldn't you do it anyway? Like previous poster says, he let team mates, manager and fans down. Costs a lot to get to Sheffield and despite giving it a go, bloody hard to win a game at this level with 10men for so long.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Why? He's angry at Gus for saying "I hope it doesn't happen too often". The fact is it doesn't happen often and Barnes has improved his temper from last season. What do you expect Gus to say other than that? "I really hope it happens every week"

He's got the 3rd highest amount of cards as any other Albion player this season, 5 yellows, 1 red - the only other red was for that oafish tackle by the clumsy Dunk at Sellhurst.

He should have gone in the book for his initial retaliation on Saturday, evidently Poyet didn't bother trying to calm him down (it's ok, that's Ash) and look what happens, red card, game over.

Discipline: Just another thing on the long list of things Poyet is making a hash of.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Gus should have fined him! Simple as that. Barnes behaved like a spoiled brat, and it cost us at least a point, and possibly three.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It does seem to be one rule for Barnes and another for less favoured players (e.g. Sparrow and Vincelot who barely got a look in after being sent off last season).

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
He's got the 3rd highest amount of cards as any other Albion player this season, 5 yellows, 1 red - the only other red was for that oafish tackle by the clumsy Dunk at Sellhurst.

He should have gone in the book for his initial retaliation on Saturday, evidently Poyet didn't bother trying to calm him down (it's ok, that's Ash) and look what happens, red card, game over.

Discipline: Just another thing on the long list of things Poyet is making a hash of.

Whilst I'm not denying his red was stupid, saying "game over" isn't the right phrase. 3 horrible defensive mistakes cost us 3 goals!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He is just following the fine example of the greatest English player of all time - Mr David Beckham. :rolleyes:

What, with his fine range of passing, incredible crossing and world class set piece delivery?

Or his two braincells and shit tattoo?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here