Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday is MASSIVE.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If we lose on Saturday and Boro beat Barnsley at home, as you would expect them to. We will be 8 pts behind boro, who should still be in sixth, with 16 games to play. That is a big big gap. Saturday's game IS a must win, against the team in third place. Time to step up to the plate or our season will be over before Easter.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If we lose on Saturday and Boro beat Barnsley at home, as you would expect them to. We will be 8 pts behind boro, who should still be in sixth, with 16 games to play. That is a big big gap. Saturday's game IS a must win, against the team in third place. Time to step up to the plate or our season will be over before Easter.

Weren't Man City 8 points behind with 5 games to go last season?

And then, AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :goal:

(Although I agree, saturday is IMPERATIVE)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I agree. I mean, there will only be another possible 48 points left to play for including a game against Boro.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's always easier to close a gap when the team you are chasing is the team directly above you. When there are 7/8 teams chasing one spot, there are to many variables to factor into the equation. If we don't win on Saturday, it's not the fact we will be 8 pts off 6th, it's the fact there will almost certainly be 3/4 other teams between us and 6th. That's the biggest problem we have. We have suddenly found ourselves in a mini leagues of about 9 teams, where 6th place is the prize. At least that's the way it's shaping up.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
we say this every week - and every week we screw up.

I'm an optimistic person really, but form is not good enough.
I'm resigned
to championship football next season.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Autos are definitely out of the questions if we lose on Sat, as for Play offs, we won't be that far behind even if all results to against us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:clap: I love how anti-moaning/anti-drama your posts are very quickly becoming. Brilliant use of cynicism and sarcasm rolled into a nice neat single liner.
That's cos he's been watching The Puppy Bowl all day. He's a lovely fluffy cloud in a clear blue sky.

Charles Hawtrey could mug him tonight.

For what it's worth I thought WEDNESDAY :lol: was a massive game.
Turns out it might not be, so am now keeping the hyperbole to a minimum.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
we say this every week - and every week we screw up.

I'm an optimistic person really, but form is not good enough.
I'm resigned
to championship football next season.

You're right. We've lost every single game this season, when our budget means we should be top two at LEAST.

What?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think its too late. Gus's tinkering has cost us big time. The bloke is tactically inept.

Shit isn't he? Do you remember when we won League One by SIXTEEN POINTS playing beautiful football on a small budget? That was shit too.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
We need to get a run of wins going to put a bit of pressure on the teams above, then you never know. Its a funny old game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here