Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

New Sim City game

0 Not allowed!
    Not seen this on here (but probably missed it) but new version of Sim City looks bloody lovely

Sim City videos

Very much looking forward to it
    Hello and thank you

Oscar Garcia -
    The fans' support today was magnificent in the face of a bad result. I am very proud to be the coach of their club.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      looks pretty sick.

I like the fact that it's a genuine simulation, meaning every sim in the city, every unit of water, electricity etc are all simulated in real time. Kool stuff.

- Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

0 Not allowed!
      I tested the BETA a few weeks ago and wasn't overly impressed! I've pre-ordered it, so fingers crossed the full game is a lot better.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton_girl87 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I tested the BETA a few weeks ago and wasn't overly impressed! I've pre-ordered it, so fingers crossed the full game is a lot better.
      Kool. What was your beef?
      - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      this game will challenge gta for game of the year

0 Not allowed!
      Can't wait - been looking forward to this for ages!
      Dare we hope? We dare. Can we hope? We can. Should we hope? We must! - Andy Ripley

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
      Lest we forget

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
      She's a girl for a start!

Sorry love! Get the kettle on, there's a good girl!

Dare we hope? We dare. Can we hope? We can. Should we hope? We must! - Andy Ripley

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
      Lest we forget

0 Not allowed!
      Looks rather good that Might have to grab this when it comes out in a few weeks

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
      I didn't really like the way you lay out the zones - it's not like in previous games where you can drag out huge blocks zones, now you kind of have to do it road by road.

The map size was tiny, there really wasn't much room for expansion - hopefully there will be larger maps to build in the full game.

There were some features that I liked - the ability to add extensions and improvements to buildings such as fire stations, police stations, rather than spend money on new buildings. I also think the roads are quite good, you don't need to spend ages putting down power lines and water pipes as these are included when you build a road.

Overall, I just felt like it was less of strategy game than previous versions and had been dumbed down quite a bit.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton_girl87 View Post
      I didn't really like the way you lay out the zones - it's not like in previous games where you can drag out huge blocks zones, now you kind of have to do it road by road.

The map size was tiny, there really wasn't much room for expansion - hopefully there will be larger maps to build in the full game.

There were some features that I liked - the ability to add extensions and improvements to buildings such as fire stations, police stations, rather than spend money on new buildings. I also think the roads are quite good, you don't need to spend ages putting down power lines and water pipes as these are included when you build a road.

Overall, I just felt like it was less of strategy game than previous versions and had been dumbed down quite a bit.
      Which version have you ordered? The standard version or Digital deluxe version?

Just been watching some videos of it - looks awesome.

Lest we forget