Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Sim City game

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not seen this on here (but probably missed it) but new version of Sim City looks bloody lovely

Sim City videos

Very much looking forward to it

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
looks pretty sick.

I like the fact that it's a genuine simulation, meaning every sim in the city, every unit of water, electricity etc are all simulated in real time. Kool stuff.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I tested the BETA a few weeks ago and wasn't overly impressed! I've pre-ordered it, so fingers crossed the full game is a lot better.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I tested the BETA a few weeks ago and wasn't overly impressed! I've pre-ordered it, so fingers crossed the full game is a lot better.

Kool. What was your beef?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Can't wait - been looking forward to this for ages!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Kool. What was your beef?

I didn't really like the way you lay out the zones - it's not like in previous games where you can drag out huge blocks zones, now you kind of have to do it road by road.

The map size was tiny, there really wasn't much room for expansion - hopefully there will be larger maps to build in the full game.

There were some features that I liked - the ability to add extensions and improvements to buildings such as fire stations, police stations, rather than spend money on new buildings. I also think the roads are quite good, you don't need to spend ages putting down power lines and water pipes as these are included when you build a road.

Overall, I just felt like it was less of strategy game than previous versions and had been dumbed down quite a bit.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I didn't really like the way you lay out the zones - it's not like in previous games where you can drag out huge blocks zones, now you kind of have to do it road by road.

The map size was tiny, there really wasn't much room for expansion - hopefully there will be larger maps to build in the full game.

There were some features that I liked - the ability to add extensions and improvements to buildings such as fire stations, police stations, rather than spend money on new buildings. I also think the roads are quite good, you don't need to spend ages putting down power lines and water pipes as these are included when you build a road.

Overall, I just felt like it was less of strategy game than previous versions and had been dumbed down quite a bit.

Which version have you ordered? The standard version or Digital deluxe version?

Just been watching some videos of it - looks awesome.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Developers have already confirmed the maps won't be any bigger than the one in the beta.
They were tiny! Kept that way so people with shitty laptops can play it.

Zoning was awkward too, hopefully the graphics will be improved on too.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
On 19 November 2012, a graphics engineer at Maxis using the name "MaxisSixAM" commented on the SimCity.com forum confirming that while a purchase of SimCity through the Origin platform will entitle access to a Mac version of the game, there was currently no indication of a Mac release date and that Mac users may be unable to play the game until a later date.

On 15 January 2013, SimCity Creative Director Ocean Quigley confirmed via his Twitter feed that the Mac version was still being worked on by Maxis and that its release will be "a little later" than the Windows release on 5 March.

On 28 January 2013 an FAQ for the Mac release was posted to the Simcity.com Blog. This reconfirmed, as already mentioned by Ocean Quigley on Twitter that the Mac version would not be released at the same time as the Windows release and instead would come in 'Spring 2013.'[SUP] [/SUP]This translates to first or second quarter of 2013.

Boo!!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
On 19 November 2012, a graphics engineer at Maxis using the name "MaxisSixAM" commented on the SimCity.com forum confirming that while a purchase of SimCity through the Origin platform will entitle access to a Mac version of the game, there was currently no indication of a Mac release date and that Mac users may be unable to play the game until a later date.

On 15 January 2013, SimCity Creative Director Ocean Quigley confirmed via his Twitter feed that the Mac version was still being worked on by Maxis and that its release will be "a little later" than the Windows release on 5 March.

On 28 January 2013 an FAQ for the Mac release was posted to the Simcity.com Blog. This reconfirmed, as already mentioned by Ocean Quigley on Twitter that the Mac version would not be released at the same time as the Windows release and instead would come in 'Spring 2013.'[SUP] [/SUP]This translates to first or second quarter of 2013.

Boo!!

Just run VMware Fusion and play it on Windows OS. Thats what I do with games I want to play on my Mac. It does, however, require quite a lot of RAM etc. With a MBP it should be fine, MBA, urgh, not so much. I ran Skyrim using VMWare absolutely fine on my Macbook Pro retina.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Developers have already confirmed the maps won't be any bigger than the one in the beta.
They were tiny! Kept that way so people with shitty laptops can play it.

Zoning was awkward too, hopefully the graphics will be improved on too.

That's really annoying about the maps! Hmmm I'm kind of tempted to cancel my order now, it was so small I filled the whole map up in the hour! Screw the people with rubbish laptops, there are loads of games people can't play because their laptop isn't good enough - why should this game be any different?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Just run VMware Fusion and play it on Windows OS. Thats what I do with games I want to play on my Mac. It does, however, require quite a lot of RAM etc. With a MBP it should be fine, MBA, urgh, not so much. I ran Skyrim using VMWare absolutely fine on my Macbook Pro retina.

Whats the point of having a Mac if I have to install Windows OS?!?!

Think I'll wait for the pukka Mac version running on OSX on MBP. Or might put it on my iMac. Could I play one game on both (not at the same time - sometimes on MBP, other times on iMac) if I save my game to Dropbox?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here