Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Bloody Valentine - MBV

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Are you seeing them live? Think they are doing a few dates.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Currently on my first listen, first track. Couldn't be anyone else. Woozy and lovely. Felt very foolish trying to explain the appeal of Loveless to my nine year old son and feeling myself welling up as Sometimes was blaring out at significant volume. I love MBV dearly and was in two minds - do we want them to release anything else and risk diluting what we do have somehow? I think we're OK. Spring Hall Convert: was listening to Weird Era Cont earlier. Really would love to make ATP!!

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Saw them back in 1992 at the Brighton Centre as part of the Radio 1 Rollercoaster tour. also playing that night were The Jesus and Mary Chain, Dinosaur Junior and some small time one hit wonders at that time Blur !!

MBV are playing Concorde2 (now sold out) but for a bit more sub pop/ grunge Mudhoney who were pivotal in that scene are playing there too in June (tickets still available too). In the early days Nirvana used to support them before they sold out and wnet mainstream whilst Mudhoney stayed low key. Worth checking out You Tube for some of their music and thinking of that in a nice venue such as Concorde2.

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
Been listening to MBV over and over since downloading it this afternoon. Astonishingly good. Could have been such an anti-climax, but it is seriously good. As tinycowboy wrote, it couldn't be anyone else. First saw them at Reading in about 1989, most recently saw them at The Roundhouse a few years back. Amazing stuff.

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
20090927-232542-404376.jpg
Memories ...........!!!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Sampled some of the tracks from YouTube today and looking fwd to giving the album a listening to later.
I'm sure I saw MBV as a support to someone like the shop assistants at the poly. That's got to be over 25 yrs ago. Christ!
Also saw them at reading (thanks for uploading that poster matildaseagull!), supporting the pixies and on the infamous 'loud' tour around '91 when they would play a 20 minute rendition of you made realise. Ah, fond memories.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
View attachment 39304
Memories ...........!!!

I think I have singles/albums by 16 of those bands, some of which I really wouldn't like to own up to. Certainly not New Model Army though! Why did The House of Love become so bad?

Redoubtable Seagull - that must have been the early days of MBV, when they were only OK. They couldn't match Somewhere In China or Safety Net in those days....

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
View attachment 39304
Memories ...........!!!
Aaaahhhh! Reading '89, my first Reading!
Peter Hook trying to set fire to his bass amp with lighter fluid.
Butthole Surfers smashing up their guitars AFTER EVERY SONG.
John Peel reading out the football results, as he did every year. Brighton never won on Reading weekend between '89 & '92 as I recall.
Oh, and Frank Sidebottom playing to a packed 2nd stage. Good memories indeed, thanks!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Just downloaded it - its been a long wait and may make tomorrow's commute worthwhile listening to it!

I was also at the Brighton Centre night, got to admit we did n't bother with Blur just wanted to do to the bar instead! Funnily enough saw Dionsaur Jr last night which brought back great memories of that night.

Went two nights at the Roundhouse and looking forward to Hammersmith in March.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Aaaahhhh! Reading '89, my first Reading!
Peter Hook trying to set fire to his bass amp with lighter fluid.
Butthole Surfers smashing up their guitars AFTER EVERY SONG.
John Peel reading out the football results, as he did every year. Brighton never won on Reading weekend between '89 & '92 as I recall.
Oh, and Frank Sidebottom playing to a packed 2nd stage. Good memories indeed, thanks!

That was my first Reading too - anyone see Tackhead on the Friday night? They were awesome.....

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
going to see mbv on 20/2/13 in brisbane oz have been my no 1 always,have seen them 4 times never did i think i would see them again.And new album best news in a long time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here