Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Anyone else think it was a mistake to let him go?spoken to few Fluff fans and they all say he's a proper captain and leader now and widely regarded as one of their best signings and the best CB in league one. Also when I said about his tendency to hoof they said Eddie Howe has eradicated this from his game.

Obviously when we let him go most deemed it as a good move for both, still think the same?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Yes but he's playing in League One now. That's his level. Was never gonna cut it for a championship side with promotion aspirations.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hope AFCB get promoted this season so that he will get the chance to play at The Amex albeit against his favourite team on their way to the Premioer League.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I agree like I said when we let him go it was the correct choice for both, but apparently he's matured a lot now and really came into his own as a player in the last 6 months. Still have a feeling he may go on to be a decent championship defender

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There are a lot of shit centre backs in the Championship. Zat Knight for example. Tommy Elphick could play at this standard, comfortably. He isn't ever going to be a top player, but he has the intelligence to play to his strengths and I think the more he plays, the better he will be.

Gareth McAuley of West Brom was a bog standard Champ centre back until getting a Premier League chance aged 32. Elphick can still improve and prove people wrong.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Hope AFCB get promoted this season so that he will get the chance to play at The Amex albeit against his favourite team on their way to the Premioer League.

Erm, pretty sure he's already played at The Amex

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If I'm wrong I stand corrected

I think you are, he played a couple of friendly games away from home but was then sold for £150,000 to Bournemouth before we played Chelsea.

He'll play here eventually and I'll be really pleased for him, he deserves it.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
There are a lot of shit centre backs in the Championship. Zat Knight for example. Tommy Elphick could play at this standard, comfortably. He isn't ever going to be a top player, but he has the intelligence to play to his strengths and I think the more he plays, the better he will be.

Gareth McAuley of West Brom was a bog standard Champ centre back until getting a Premier League chance aged 32. Elphick can still improve and prove people wrong.

I had a lot of time for Tommy and was very sad to see him leave the club. I think he will find his feet if promoted to the Championship with the cherries and will prove a few doubters wrong.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Regardless of all of this, realistically now would have been his first chance of playing (bar some cup games maybe) and missing a whole season he needs regular games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here